Share | 

2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Friedrich Werner
Admin

PostSubject: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Heeresgruppe Sud is counter-attacked by Army Group South Stavka in Bessarabia (Map CC_ Arad)

Server unknown...

Match Time: 1900 GMT, 1400 Eastern is start time. Again, don't be late... The sever will close at 10 after unless there needs to be an emergency change.

Before the match begins the Allies will stay in their spawn and the Axis will stay in theres... No roaming around the battlefield and shooting opponents. Leaders may not conduct recon. I heard a real bullshit story about someone reconing the enemy spawn last game and giving a weak excuse. None of this, leader's do your job and play with honesty.

When the admin restarts the map, the germans and Romanians will be given 5 minutes to get ready for the allied attack, while all Russians remain in spawn. The Germans can only setup anywhere but in the North field. When 5 minutes has passed the Russian leader will announce that the game has begun in text and by public chat. From there it is war!

Good luck to both sides (and let me know the server that is being used and please provide a dl link for the map)

Last edited by Friedrich Werner on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 am

I've got a question. Why does Axis side has always time to set up ? We couldnt set up our forces last time. I think its a little bit unfair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metalbourne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:02 am

That is true, we didn't get time to setup our forces prior to the Attack. I didn't hear of any issues about someone doing Recon on the area, but if it was any SHD member I do appologize for it.

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Who has the map done? I was told we were using regular Arad.. I hope someone has the map edited or this is gonna suck. Neither of Sud's units have a big enough server. 25 slots is max on 187th's and 20 slots on 1st SS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Well, it's kinda up to the units fighting the battle to edit the map, not others who arn't.

Either way, I hope the first CC battle goes good, it should be fun to have a battle with that mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{1.SS}Behncke

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Well I cant map with CC, Im not sure if Gunter can either. Do any Soviets have skills in this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Well actually i havent seen this map yet. I just hope it will be like normal but Axis will have romanian guys. Why on Earth we use CC map instead of SAME normal map ? Because someone want to have romanian forces inside ?

We have got no modders i think.

And what with the delay of soviet attack ? Why we have to wait when Axis did attacked same time we went out spawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 pm

It's an early war map and the battle is taking place in Romania.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{1.SS}Gottenberg
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:18 pm

So are we playing on the CC arad or regular arad? Last i heard we were playing on the regular arad but now i'm guessing somebody decided to go back to using CC arad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metalbourne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

We are actually going to use the standard RO Arad with old tanks (BT'7s and so on) and configured with our resources. We wanted to use the new CC map, but no one knows how to configure the CC map and could take longer because not everyone has CC loaded. We will be using the SHD server that has 32 slots, we are loading it up to our server ASAP.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 pm

Metalbourne wrote:
we didn't get time to setup our forces prior to the Attack

I sincerely appologize. I just looked back at my battle statements (this type of post) from your Area of Operation's last conflict and i didn't write this detail down. I did however write it for the 2nd SS v 193rd match up in the north, allowing the russians 5 minutes to regroup and set-up.

We will be playing a normal RO map modded just like both sides wanted, thankfully the Germans didn't request any romanian armor pieces so this wont need to be fixed.

Although the Allies might feel short changed about what happened in the last match (which again i take blame for) the Arad map is split 50/50 at start. I feel it would be fair to start the '5 minute defender' rule now allowing the germans time to capture noth village (leaving north field alone) and allowing for a proper defense and not two sides making a "movement to Contact." If we start the rule now, next match the Russian's defend, all Russian AG's will get their 5 minutes to prepare for an attack.

Does this sound fair to everyone?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:16 pm

i also want to thank both sides for their patience in this map issue... hopefully in the near future we can incorporate some of the great aspects of cc into our campaign. For now we'll drive on with what we got and have fun all the same.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:09 am

Friedrich Werner wrote:
Metalbourne wrote:
we didn't get time to setup our forces prior to the Attack

I sincerely appologize. I just looked back at my battle statements (this type of post) from your Area of Operation's last conflict and i didn't write this detail down. I did however write it for the 2nd SS v 193rd match up in the north, allowing the russians 5 minutes to regroup and set-up.

We will be playing a normal RO map modded just like both sides wanted, thankfully the Germans didn't request any romanian armor pieces so this wont need to be fixed.

Although the Allies might feel short changed about what happened in the last match (which again i take blame for) the Arad map is split 50/50 at start. I feel it would be fair to start the '5 minute defender' rule now allowing the germans time to capture noth village (leaving north field alone) and allowing for a proper defense and not two sides making a "movement to Contact." If we start the rule now, next match the Russian's defend, all Russian AG's will get their 5 minutes to prepare for an attack.

Does this sound fair to everyone?

Sounds good to me. Like I told Gunter, it could be made to look like the Russians were suprised attacked like in real life.

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Why not just ask Daosi to see if the guy who does the CC maps can edit maps for us? He seems to churn enough maps out as it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.invasionx.com
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Hey we are on our server. Spearhead 3rd. Or we are playing on another one ? When we play Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{1.SS}Gottenberg
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:38 pm

German losses:

1 PzIV F1
1 PzIII
4 Panzer crewmen

1 Artillery used

Russian losses:

1 KV1
3 BT-7
1 T-60
8 Tank crewmen
1 Infantry

0 Artillery used
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:15 am

Nah, how could we lose 5 tanks when we had only 8 tankers Very Happy ? And i think u had some more losses - u started at 16 ppl, in the end it was 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{SHD}Kimball

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:16 pm

Yeah granat is correct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ernst Hoffmann
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Wer hat gewoonen Deutscheland oder Rußland?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/index.php
razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:48 pm

actually Gottenberg is correct and SHD pulled out of spawn after they died when they were supposed to leave the server. that is the reason for the 5 tanks. but yes technically the russians should have only lost 4 tanks not 5.

Please follow T.O.C rules and leaders should go over the rules with all members before going into battle.

SHD lost all 9 men and 1.ss lost 4 or 5 ( someone may have left the server early i do not know). Either way SHD had more losses than any unit in the battle.

I was very disappointed with the whole map thing. Are there no map editors amongst the T.O.C management team? I beleive these maps should be ready for us when the time comes to battle.

Was also disappointed with the start time of the match. We ran pretty close to, if not, an hour late. See my "discussing match times" post in the "ideas" section of the forum for more.

We also need to know the map at least a week in advance to give time to make edits/changes to them and so everyone in their units/clans can download them so they are ready come match time. All leaders should be making sure their members are downloading these maps as well as any addons .

I hate to be a bugger and all but for the better of T.O.C please lets all try to do this right. I would hate to see such a nice community go to waste over silly mistakes like these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metalbourne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 am

We didn't get the final map until late and we were lucky to play it at all that day. This past weekend showed a lot of things that could go wrong without back-ups in place. The SHD server was the backup and I couldn't play/command due to a bad virus I got on my computer Saturday night (which I will have to buy a new computer due to the F*ing virus). I'm writing to you on a old computer.

Unfortunetly, the T.O.C. is running right now on all back-up plans. We are trying our best to keep it going, but with ALlied units pulling out and fewer people willing to mod maps and host them, we run into issues like we had.

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 pm

so there are guys who can edit maps they are just not willing to do so?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{1.SS}Wolff
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:02 pm

1.SS has the ability to edit maps as does 187GrnRgt. I too am very frustrated with the map situation. We need to know further in advance what maps we will be playing so we can get them edited and distributed. As far as Arad goes, several days before the match I sent Metalbourne a link with the map and instructions for what mutator players needed. All 1.SS guys had the map and mutators installed well before match day. IMO what needs to be done is have a section here at ToC where we can place links for the maps and any other files needed to play a certain map. I believe every unit involved should have the map at least 1 full week before the actual match. As long as we could have the info on what map(s) are next, 1.SS would be more than happy to edit them for equipment and roles, spawns, etc. 187th also I'm sure will help.

As far as match times go, something has to be done. 1.SS was standing by ready from 2 PM EST on and waited 2 hours for the match to begin and even at that, 1 Soviet unit never showed up. I suggest that 24 hours before a scheduled match, every unit leader involved should post here and say they are ready for tomorrow's match. In case an expected leader doesn't post, then we know we should get a hold of him.

We seem to have a pretty good set up here so far, as long as we can work the bugs out. We should all try to stick with it and hope things go smoother with a bit of tweaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.panzergrenadiers.com
Friedrich Werner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Guys we all know the issue with this battle was the decission in the last week to not go ahead with CC_Arad and instead go with the original. Wolff, i'm glad you got the map modded for us, but next time why don't you just post the dl link right here in the battle annoucement forum so everyone can see it. No easier place to do it. We do have modders for this campaign, they are just a very thin line at the moment with 2 battles a weekend taking place.

with start times i'm going to be pushing the 2nd weekend match start time back an hour incase this is a major issue with individuals on the allied side particpating in the earlier amtch as well and not being able to get in on time. The rules still stand though that if your unit isn't ready (and is without a good excuse) by 10 minutes after the arranged the match begins... no if's and's or but's. End of story.

Now can i please get 1 final casualty report from the AG CO's after they talk together. Danke

Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:12 pm

We need the maps at least 1 week before the match and if you could just tell us what's next we can get that map edited and the link posted. Knowing several maps in advance would be even better. There also has to be better communication between units or somehow set up by the ToC leaders so that every unit shows up at the proper time. My experience with the first 2 battles so far has been a last minute scramble for the map and I think if this were fixed things would go a lot smoother. Again, 1.SS and 187th will gladly edit the maps and post the links for everyone. Our units are thinking of getting a 32 man server together so we don't have to be beggars, but we need to see this Campaign a bit more organized first. I highly respect what you are trying to do here with ToC and I know how hard it is. We tried this ourselves once and failed. My unit and 187GrnRgt are willing to do all we can to see that the next matches go smoother and ToC is a success. It would be a lot easier for Heeresgruppe Süd if we could keep CC out of this please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.panzergrenadiers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)   

Back to top Go down

2nd Battle of Bessarabia (August 41)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next