Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st

Go down 
+10
Werner Jungmann
Klaus_Granheim
August Schreiner
{SHD}Kimball
Andrej Matkovic
Pavel Volodnikov
TChristie
LSchroll
Matvei Staroi
Friedrich Werner
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st Empty
PostSubject: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:33 pm

deutches Afrika Korp is attacked by British 8th Army in Cyrenaica (Sidi Barrani)

Server unknown...TWB?

Match Time: 1800 GMT, 1300 Eastern is start time. Again, don't be late... The sever will close at 10 after unless there needs to be an emergency change.

Before the match begins the Allies will stay in their spawn and the Axis will stay in theres... No roaming around the battlefield and shooting opponents. Leaders may not conduct recon. I heard a real bullshit story about someone reconing the enemy spawn last game and giving a weak excuse. None of this, leader's do your job and play with honesty.

When the admin restarts the map, the axis will be given 5 minutes to get ready for the british attack, while all brits remain in spawn. When 5 minutes has passed the British leader will announce that the game has begun in text and by public chat. From there it is war!

Good luck to both sides (and let me know the server that is being used and please provide a dl link for the map)
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 am

Well, I was told last minute that there was no server available, so I just set one up today.

Annoying, only the TeamReady mutator seems to be compatible with Mare Nostrum. I couldn't get either Realism Match or HUD Mutator to work.

If someone knows how to fix it for Mare Nostrum, let me know on the forums or PM me.

The password is set as: toc123
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:16 am

Which match? Süd or Nord? And it's good to hear we have a server, good work Staroi.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:27 am

LSchroll wrote:
Which match? Süd or Nord? And it's good to hear we have a server, good work Staroi.
I must be a little behind the events on this campaign as I don't remember there being 2 army groups per side in North Africa.

Also, this is only a temporary server and if you live in Europe, you won't like it (West Coast USA based)
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:17 am

There isnt 2. Schroll is mistaken. Only DAK and 8th army in africa.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:31 am

Either I was mistaken or I wasn't talking about North Afrika Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:53 am

Well, good game. Sorry about the high pings and lag, but both AG Commanders were informed of the consequences of playing on a temp server. If you don't want it to be like that again, I suggest we look into a paid-for MN server.

I believe the combined German/Italian defence won. Well played.
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:56 am

Yup, good game, though I am very displeased by the behavior of Schroll and Eisn from HG. There was no need to call us "fucking cowards" and so forth in public chat because of the ping. Our ping was just as high. I expected better from a unit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:02 pm

So who won haha?
Back to top Go down
{SHD}Kimball

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:05 pm

not us
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:08 pm

I was very unhappy with Cannibinoid's behaviour as well. I know I'm not your units leader or officer, but purposely disobeying me when I ask you to stop allchatting or not to move your tank in the set up period was very unsportsman-like.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Volodnikov wrote:
Yup, good game, though I am very displeased by the behavior of Schroll and Eisn from HG. There was no need to call us "fucking cowards" and so forth in public chat because of the ping. Our ping was just as high. I expected better from a unit.

I attempted to connect at scrim time, and after ten arduous minutes of waiting I finally connected, only to be welcomed by a black screen, the sound of my men fighting without me, and no explanation of what the fuck was going on, the same happened to two of my men and to men of the SHD, I would like to think that Wiking and SHD, being two main contributors to this campaign, would be shown a little bit more courtesy and respect! Or are we not worthy of your respect, oh almighty Soviet overlords?!

Your fucked server resulted in your defeat and a victory for us not even worth mentioning, and the disrespect you've shown me and my unit cannot be forgiven!

\o
Back to top Go down
August Schreiner
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:50 pm

There were bugs involved within the map that hindered our main PAK-38 in the Oasis. A few of our men were also killed by the default minefield once the Oasis was captured. However, despite all of these problems we were still able to get the battle going on default map settings.

Our combined defense was able to keep Sidi Barrani within Axis hands.

Well done everyone.

- Sergente Salvatore Cavagnari
8° Reggimento Bersaglieri
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

All I will say is that were it not for the temporary server, there would have been no match at all....so thank you for hosting it, pings aside.

This type of bickering is what grounds campaigns to a halt for no good reason. We all know what time the match starts, sign on 20 mns early if that is what it comes to, leave yourself time for unexpected issues, not very difficult.

I am here to have fun, regardless of the match outcome, 95% of the players today played honorably...let that be what is remembered and not the arguing that followed.

Perhaps we can speak to someone who runs a full-time MN server about allowing us to use their server for our matches in the future, otherwise we will have to rely on temporary servers, and we will all have to deal with the pings. I am of the opinion that a server with a high ping is better than no server, and no African campaign.

Good job to all sides involved. The allies certainly made it tough for me to use the 88 with the constant smoke screen being placed, a good tactic. The whole match was on the fence for awhile and could have gone either way.

We did lose 2 men to a minefield, so hopefully we can have edited maps so things like that don't occur again.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:13 pm

LSchroll wrote:
Volodnikov wrote:

I attempted to connect at scrim time, and after ten arduous minutes of waiting I finally connected, only to be welcomed by a black screen, the sound of my men fighting without me, and no explanation of what the fuck was going on, the same happened to two of my men and to men of the SHD, I would like to think that Wiking and SHD, being two main contributors to this campaign, would be shown a little bit more courtesy and respect! Or are we not worthy of your respect, oh almighty Soviet overlords?!

Your fucked server resulted in your defeat and a victory for us not even worth mentioning, and the disrespect you've shown me and my unit cannot be forgiven!

\o

Had a good battle with you guys, you did well with the resources at your disposal, but those comments are entirely without cause. 193rd/7.AD/1.GMB are the most reputable Allied unit in this campaign, and they might very well be the most reputable unit in the campaign period.

There was no server to use at all, so Staroi kindly let us use his own personal server at almost the last moment. And as for a black screen, that is because you didn't get into the server in time. While being late wasn't entirely your fault, our two units didn't have the best communication; so you guys wern't given much time. But you should have played realism long enough to know what the "Black Screen" is/means.

I tried to liason between our two units, and I tried to tell you guys that the 10 minuite waiting period was up, but I must not have spoken clearly.

Either way, to post you've made only makes you look disrespectful.

And yes, I am merely a humble Schutze/Soldato, but I played a liason role between 8.BR and HG and even between us (Axis) and 7.AD, so I know what went on.

Eitherway, from my understanding, the battle went well, considering all the circumstances that were involved, and I too for the most part feel that most people played honourably.

Last edited by Werner Jungmann on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:13 pm

LSchroll wrote:
Volodnikov wrote:

\o

Rolling Eyes I have no comment, I will let your own words tarnish your unit's reputation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:27 pm

I cant believe im seeing this. This is the same type of BS the CoreNA guys did in IC. Keep you BS comments to yourself and save it for the battlefield. All this is going to do is hurt the campaign/League. Keep it civil or go find something else to do like watch paint dry. I DONT WANT TO SEE ANOTHER LEAGUE FAIL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Michael Steiner wrote:
I cant believe im seeing this. This is the same type of BS the CoreNA guys did in IC. Keep you BS comments to yourself and save it for the battlefield. All this is going to do is hurt the campaign/League. Keep it civil or go find something else to do like watch paint dry. I DONT WANT TO SEE ANOTHER LEAGUE FAIL! Very Happy

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Jungmann, I can relate. In our first ToC battle, we had little-to-no communication with the other units on the allied side, so we basically were trying to get people in last minute at Berezina, which ended badly for us.

We learned from last time though and tried to make sure all the unit COs knew what the password was, when to be there, etc this time around. We probably could have been better about practicing together the week before, but perhaps we'll do that next time.

Guys, we all need to work on keeping the communication open.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:44 pm

what needs to be done is all who is participating in the upcoming battles [COs and ToC Admins] need to get battle plans and server arrangments done at least 2-3 days before the match. though i did not attend this match i do realize that the server was a temporary one in which 193rd scrambled to get up and going, lets just learn from what happened today and keep this going. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eugen Reinhard

Eugen Reinhard

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Taking aside the lag and the mine field this was a interesting battle , hopefully we can fix the lag problem by next time .
Regards Reinhard
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Yeah it was interesting, one of my guys teleported through two walls and ended up inside a rock!

Shocked

lol!
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Oh super...
Anyways seems the main problem was the loss of our (supposedly secured) 50 person twb server for mn. I just got back from my Field training Weekend so I am sorry i was not available to help out. If in the future there is a server problem like this again, maybe an agreement can be made about adjusting the time to allow the others to get in. I want to thank those, especially staroi, for lending us his server at the last minute.

On a final notetalking like a immature adolescent punk will not be tolerated. If I see this shit again, I will personally have a talk with the unit leader about either him or his unit member. End of Discussion

Glad to see however that the Africa campaign has kicked off!
Back to top Go down
August Schreiner
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:11 pm

I also have to thank Staroi for putting up a server and putting in the time possible for making the mutators work, despite some errors that came up for our allied Panzer Platoon.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:40 pm

I take it I'm that immature adolescent punk? Well regardless of what you think, I showed up on time to lead my troops, I connected at scrim time and was forced to wait until ten minutes after that time before I was able to connect, only to be greeted by a black screen. Why was nobody informed that the server was being hosted on Staroi's laptop? Maybe if he had the courtesy to inform us of this, we would've showed up an hour early so we could connect on time! But no, I rush my ass from work to get home on time to lead my men in the scrim, only to find out when the scrim is starting that it's going to take ten minutes to connect to the server, and that Staroi feels it's not necessary to inform anybody of the situation, or to wait for me and my men before starting the scrim!! Excuse me, we're not worth the effort?! Or did you prefer we didn't all show up because it increased your chance of winning?

F*ck you too!

In the interest of diplomacy, the above statement has been edited by the author.

Last edited by LSchroll on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: War Ministry :: African Campaign-
Jump to: