Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many tanks?

Go down 
+6
HStrauss
Ritter
Klaus_Granheim
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt
|GD|Kessler
Friedrich Werner
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Hey guys,
I have been thinking of the campaign (big surprise) and I have realized that a lot of these matches are becoming solely tank duels. I know it makes sense that if you have the armor allocated to an Army group you should use it, but does it seem realistic at all when you have 6 tanks with 2 crewmen each and just 4 infantry who are packing automatics or sniper rifles on a 16v16 match?

I myself feel this is not realism and i think something like a max quota determined on how big the server was?

I.E:
32 person server= 16 v 16 = <4 German tanks , <5 Russian
40 person server= 20 v 20= <5 German tanks , <6 Russian
50 person server= 25 v 25= <6 German tanks , <7 Russian

Would that sound realistic? Naturally if the map is orel or alte zeigelei we can drop this idea, but all the same i think the argument holds some weight to it.

Let me know your thoughts.

vr,
Werner

Last edited by Friedrich Werner on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|GD|Kessler
Unit Commander
|GD|Kessler

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:55 pm

ya sounds good, something like a maximum of half your roster can be mechanized, this would have the infantry/tank support come imto play
Back to top Go down
http://www.GD-Div.com
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:47 pm

*Cough cough* seems okay to me jocolor
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:51 pm

I agree, I'd also like to see Automatic/Semi-Automatic weapons allocated in the same manner.
Back to top Go down
Ritter

Ritter

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:00 am

Depends on the map, no? And the Commanders decision, And..the forcepools. Perhaps adding way lesser tanks, will
urge people to be more carefull with them in usage, or may result in having to fight with depleted forcepools(tankwise).
As of now, I really havent noticed it yet, but I hope that in the future somewhere one, or a few large tankbattles may
occure. There are some sublime maps for that, and eventho it may support infantry, their roles will be small there.
We in 'Armeegruppe Nord' sure cant say that our Panzers have had such domination in the field so far, neither did
our opponent. So, armour 'overuse' is easely avoided.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:28 am

Friedrich Werner wrote:
Hey guys,
I have been thinking of the campaign (big surprise) and I have realized that a lot of these matches are becoming solely tank duels. I know it makes sense that if you have the armor allocated to an Army group you should use it, but does it seem realistic at all when you have 6 tanks with 2 crewmen each and just 4 infantry who are packing automatics or sniper rifles on a 16v16 match?

I myself feel this is not realism and i think something like a max quota determined on how big the server was?

I.E:
32 person server= 16 v 16 = <4 tanks per side
40 person server= 20 v 20= <6 tanks per side
50 person server= 25 v 25= <7 tanks per side

Would that sound realistic? Naturally if the map is orel or alte zeigelei we can drop this idea, but all the same i think the argument holds some weight to it.

Let me know your thoughts.

vr,
Werner

i 100% agree with you
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:36 am

What about larger combined-arms maps like Arad? It's a matter of choice which to allocate more resources to for the AG commander, more in armors or more in infantry. Doesn't seem correct to flatly put a limit on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:09 am

Friedrich Werner wrote:

I believe I mentioned the larger map problem here.

Well we'll hold off limiting armor for now... wait to see next time reinforcements arrive (December 41).

To talk about granheim's question I know we already regulate how many snipers (1 German per 6 months and 2 Russian per 6 months) roam the battle fields, as well as ptrds (2 allowed per match).

I can only think that perhaps a limit on the engineer class to 2 per side per match? As well mg's 2 per side per match? what about those limits?
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Yea i think the limit on tanks depending on numbers should take place. That is a great idea. Especially since our past couple matches with SHD, it seemed we were splitting our tanks and infantry quite well but infantry was always going up against 1 or 2 soldiers. It just didnt seem as much of battle in terms of infantry.

I think the engineer classes should remain. 3 seems fair to me. Plus what chance of infantry defending themselves from remaining tanks have if they only have 2 engineers (if they still remain alive...)

mgs should be no more than 2 per side yes.

Nice job on the Rules update Esko. Just a reminder to mark all these fresh ideas/rules down on the list as well.
Back to top Go down
Lorenz Georg

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:47 am

Personally, I could do with less tanks in general, given the numbers of our army group and the opponent's. I enjoy tanking and so on, but I'd like to see more pure infantry maps come into play in the future.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:47 am

Well for Arny Group South, that was our intention, to destroy all of your tanks first. That's why we've had big tank battles, but as both sides have lost a lot of armor, we will be using more infantry after our attack. Our next match in AG Center, we are only using 1 tank, you guys just happen to be in our armors way, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:07 am

razyl_daz wrote:
Nice job on the Rules update Esko. Just a reminder to mark all these fresh ideas/rules down on the list as well.

Yea no problem... what list are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 am

same list. the rules of TOC. when they have been agreed upon of course.

im sure you were going to do that anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How many tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many tanks?   How many tanks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many tanks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Ideas?-
Jump to: