PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

About encirclement and soldiers on the field

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 am

I have no problem with the 10 soldiers on the field max for the encircled AG, but I am completely against letting the other team field more than a max of 20.

This is already the case in unbalanced battles and that should be a max of 20 also.

EDIT: Side note for Werner, in your allowed equipment list (not AVAILABLE equipement), you put the -98k with scope, but not the MN/30 with scope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.invasionx.com
Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:31 am

Im not sure if your trying to discuss a new rule or rant. tongue
J/K
So what your saying is maybe a rule in place for a maximum 20 per side no matter how many of the otherside shows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friedrich Werner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:16 am

although many on the axis side might think a max of 16 on a 32, 20 on a 40, and 25 on a 50 is outrageous I find it more realistic then letting us fill the empty russian spots (usally 6+) with more germans making the game a one sided affair from the start.

I would support this rule for all battles. others' thoughts?

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[169]-Yaroslav

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:58 pm

I would also agree with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:53 pm

I think limiting the Axis to only 1.5 times the guys the Allies can commit is a better Idea.

Even as it is, 2 to 1 odds in the Axis favour is still a guaranteed win for the Axis. At least of they brought ten, and we could have a max of 15, that seems more reasonable.

As much as we like to act otherwise, the campaign in the North is a farce.
The other theatres seem to be more well balanced, but North isn't, and something needs to be done about it.

That means men might be left out of battles on the Axis side, then so be it. Because as it is now, the current battles.....

Well, I try to have fun but I know it will be a Steam roller, and all hangups for the Axis have been mostly due to our own fault. Not because of a good battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmitri Orlov

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:57 pm

I agree with Jugmann on this, 1.5 times our force is a lot fairer, and I guess could produce a much more interesting, close battle... Instead of us getting 'steam rolled' by twice our size.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.invasionx.com/193
Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 pm

I guess I should lighten up my comments a little bit.

I do have fun during the battle, but I think with giving EITHER SIDE, a max of 1.5 times that of the other will make for more fairer, hard faught battles. Battle that are more fun. And in the end that is what I wan't. A better battle is preferable to a slaughter any day, if only for the real satisfaction that you really had to fight it out to win it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ritter

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:25 am

I'm not in favour of your proposal Jungmann, I however don't mind Werners.
For most battles, no less then 20 guys will train and keep a clear scedule for
the battledate. I don't want to be dismissing guys because the enemy does not show up
in sufficient numbers. I do not want our guys to suffer the consequences of the enemies
shortcomings.

Quote :

Even as it is, 2 to 1 odds in the Axis favour is still a guaranteed win for the Axis. At least of they brought ten, and we could have a max of 15, that seems more reasonable.

That means men might be left out of battles on the Axis side, then so be it. Because as it is now, the current battles.....

And if it comes to this, I fear I'll have to vote you to step aside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 am

Then I would step aside. We have alot of new members in our unit who would lvoe to see some battles, and If that means that me and others have to be choosen not to participate, be it through turns or from what I am getting from your post, voting, then so be it. It's not fun, but it has to be done, and we have to look past the fact that we have so many men.

The way I see it, the enemies shortcomings are the shortcomings of the RO realism community in General. Not enough men on the Allied side, and not enough Axis willing to accept that and to make concessions so the battles we fight are still fair, and FUN for both sides.

Maybe if we had each side say how many they will be bringing to the battle, and then the other side could plan on 1.5 times that, then if the Allies or whoever only show up with howmany guys the Axis still get to bring the 1.5 times the Allies signed up in their roster for that battle. If the Allies fail to specify how many they will be bringing the Axis can bring as many as they wan't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:10 pm

I appreciate your good intent Jungmann, but I think Werner's idea would be more stable and predictable.

As much as I'd like us to play more like ORC with a team inbalance of no more than 2 and 5 minute respawn waves, I know you all won't want that. This is better for compromise with the community.
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:24 pm

LOL it is good intent, but i also respect my foe to the fullest. I know Staroi has some new recruits coming along. I also am not getting this "Steam" rolled feeling he is either.Werner's idea is solid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:39 pm

The problem is some of you want a good fight and some of you want to just win.

Well, all the battles have been fun except maybe the last one. You chose to win that one by whatever means, which was artillery.

If you wanted to have fun, you would hold the artillery until there was no alternative to winning.

So if you guys want to keep winning by whatever means neccessary, then expect battles to get more and more boring. The further down this road to realism you go, the more dull this will get.
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:00 pm

lol wtf? I have been on both sides of the coin. I dont care, hell limit to just us spahtruppen if ya want, but i disagree with what your saying about the use of artillery. The idea is to win, and use all material that you have at your disposal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:20 pm

yea the purpose of realism is to survive and win the battle... i would do whatever is necessary. I would avoid giving the enemy chances to strike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Well, the fact is that we're a realism unit. We don't do clan matches or whatever on the side. So these short battles aren't very fufilling. We may have found a good solution with the 2.SS though. Many thanks for your cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Staroi - Any more info on this? I would really love a middle of the week scrim or whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About encirclement and soldiers on the field   

Back to top Go down

About encirclement and soldiers on the field
Page 1 of 1