Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
{SHD}Kimball

How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far? Empty
PostSubject: How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far?   How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:55 pm

Along with Metalbourne's battle articles. Im not trying to knock his newspaper things but I think it would be cool to have news article every month of so from an outside country's perspective (like USA or Great Britain) on the whole war. Not just each battle as it happens but how the whole war is shaping up. For example, im not 100% on my history but something you would see in late 1939 to 1940.

"GERMANY INVADES POLAND. EUROPE AT WAR."

In these last few months it seems like nobody has been able to slow the German advance through Europe. Poland, Belgium, the Netherlands, and soon France have been taken over by the axis. Russia has been providing stiff resistance to the axis but have still lost many of there battles (insert the names of our battles here). How much longer can the Russians resist and how far into Europe will the axis push? Only time will tell.

Notice how there's a little bit of story to the article instead of just facts. Once again Metalbourne's newspaper articles are fine too, but I think a summary of the war would add alot to the TOC experience. Maybe post the stories on the RO forums so people can read them and hopefully sign up to join TOC.

I know these stories aren't as important as the actual playing but I think they add a great deal of immersion into T.O.C. and get people excited for the actual battles. It makes it seem as if a real war is unfolding right before our eyes and that we can change the outcome of history.

Anyways I think it would be a good idea to push the newspaper section of TOC a little harder and maybe add more articles. I don't think I know as much history as some others here but I could probally help writing more articles to make them sound good.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far?   How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:04 am

This is a good idea, and for some reason I'm just seeign it now. What do others think about it?
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far?   How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 am

I think what we have now is fine.

I'm shure there are other things more important, to your unit, or for the campaign that can be done instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far?   How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about a newspaper article covering the entire war so far?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Ideas?-
Jump to: