Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Savegame Feature

Go down 
+6
Metalbourne
Werner Jungmann
Ritter
HStrauss
{SHD}Kimball
Pavel Volodnikov
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 pm

It has been discussed, and it would be an excellent idea if TOC implemented a save feature similar to Empire: Total War. By doing this, if one side loses the battle, you can simply "load" the save and fight the battle again, with all equipment regained. However, there would be a limit of one save game per two turns. I think that this would definitely put balance into the campaign, and realism at the same time.

What do you guys think? Perhaps a poll should take place?
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
{SHD}Kimball

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I like the idea. But why only 1 save for 2 turns? In war you would study the enemy's tactics over and over and over again.

Wait I don't quite get what you mean by playing the map over again.
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:10 pm

If you lose the battle, and decide to load the game, you can replay it again, as if the first battle never happened.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:35 pm

im sure Hitler would have hit that "reset" button more then once Razz

i personally dont really find this realistic, but poll away
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Ritter

Ritter

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Replay the battle? And the side that won? For nothing? Mad
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Uh, I'll be honest.

This (IMHO) a very dumb idea. It is also (in fact) extremely unrealistic, and pointless.

I fail to see where Balance and Realism 'at the same time" exist with this idea.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:44 pm

I have to agree with the others, I don't find this to be realistic at all. Remember though, the allies are suppose to loose in the beginning. As time goes by the reinforcments levels will sway into the Russian favor so hang in there. So far this has been very realistic I think. The Russians are loosing and the Germans are halfway to Moscow, but they are starting to take heavy losses and will start to slow down.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:16 pm

April Fools (from the US now) cheers
Back to top Go down
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Pavel Volodnikov wrote:
April Fools (from the US now) cheers

haha I'm glad this was a joke
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:13 pm

Me too. Razz
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:55 pm

wow Pavel just wow hahaha
Back to top Go down
Lorenz Georg

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am

Metalbourne wrote:
I have to agree with the others, I don't find this to be realistic at all. Remember though, the allies are suppose to loose in the beginning. As time goes by the reinforcments levels will sway into the Russian favor so hang in there. So far this has been very realistic I think. The Russians are loosing and the Germans are halfway to Moscow, but they are starting to take heavy losses and will start to slow down.

Or will we? Razz Personally, I'm all for continuing onward to Moscow and changing history a bit. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah dont feel bad when by the end of this campaign, Adolf Hitler's face is on almost every countrie's bit of currency!

Hail Hitler! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lorenz Georg

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 pm

As Fried and I have joked, we'll likely soon be the ones bombing Pearl Harbor at this rate. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Savegame Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savegame Feature   Savegame Feature I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savegame Feature
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Ideas?-
Jump to: