Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where are the 29th?

Go down 
+10
Klaus_Granheim
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt
Ritter
HStrauss
bswearer
MSkerke
Metalbourne
LSchroll
Werner Jungmann
TChristie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TChristie

TChristie

Where are the 29th? Empty
PostSubject: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:20 am

Are they gonna do the same thing they did last ToC, promise they are coming but then never show up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:24 am

Hopefully not, anthough it seems that way.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:35 am

The participation of the 29th would be much welcomed, more people means more fun, I hope they decide to get involved.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 am

I've tried to get them to join and they always say the same thing,

"We really want to do this, but we are not ready to join in on a campaign yet. Give us more time."

If they join, then great, we could use another big allied unit, if not, we have a few new Allied units to help out now.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am

I also have asked them to participate but they say they are undeplyed and not ready. FYI theyve been playing since realease in june.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:57 am

don't know that much about these guys, but it looks to me like they are just giving you the runaround..... DH since the beginning, a nice looking site and 70+ "members" on their roster? what the heck is holding them back?
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:31 pm

bswearer wrote:
don't know that much about these guys, but it looks to me like they are just giving you the runaround..... DH since the beginning, a nice looking site and 70+ "members" on their roster? what the heck is holding them back?

to be honest i dont think they want to lose Razz

from my experience, they have not been interested in any type of realism with my unit or ToC since the mod came out, just over and over again with 'we are un-deployed'
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:13 pm

I've talked to one of their memebers throught PM's in the DH foums, and he confirms that the leaders of the 29th are indeed afraid to lose.

Apparantly alot of people are getting itchy for battle.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:25 am

that is what i thought too.....i just didnt have the balls to come out and say it! lol!
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:50 am

http://www.29th.org/forums/index.php?topic=15430.0

wow their leaders are........dicks Razz

they threaten to kick out members if they want to join as individuals cause it is obvious they are pussing out from joing as a unit.....this is pretty lame if you ask me. Mad
Back to top Go down
Ritter

Ritter

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:36 am

Time will tell. It will be their decision if they wish to be the only 'realism unit' not involved in the campaign.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:23 am

Again, it is their choice, but even if they only played as American infantry for when we get to Western Europe would be great. They shouldn't isolate themselves from the rest of the community forever. I do hope they reconsider my many offers and help out the community as a whole.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:26 pm

i just dont get how you could have 100 members and not participate in anything.....heck, if even half of those members were really ACTIVE, they could play their own campaign!
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:23 am

Mabye if one of the unit subordinates such as an NCO shows some initiative and forms a small sub-unit for the campaign that won't use 29. ID tags they could have all of those players "itchy" get in the battle and still not officially loose. If all else fails perhaps some of their troops will just sign up as individuals.
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:41 am

Maybe someone should explain that you don't really die if you lose? Wink

I can only speak for myself, but I would not stay in a unit that never participated in anything outside of itself. I hope they join, but I won't hold my breath, they don't exactly seem the most sociable group ever.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 am

i think they dont want to lose period lol. Talk about insecure lol!
Back to top Go down
Dreek

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:39 pm

I know the 29th and there are some good guys in the division. They are an extremely disciplined group and I imagine that there is a lot of interest in the TOC but do to rank and structure they are incommunicado with the rest of the community. The officers I don't know so much but its quite possible the are wrapped up in their organization like you said there are 100 plus members. Maybe if you formalized a request for assistance and presented it through through proper channels whatever that might be they might understand and be more responsive.

Not that I care its just a thought cheers
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 pm

think that has already been tried....twice now. they should just allow their members to participate as individuals or have somebody become a rep for their unit to take away the extra work from the officers (TRUST ME, THE LEADERS DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING!!!! Laughing let your members have some responsibility if they want to give it a try). i have never heard of a clan or unit that doesnt allow it's memebers to participate in events that allow the option for individual signups.........it would be like saying me not allowing members from my clan (SiN) to have joined IC.....just kinda rediculous if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 pm

You guys got to remember they come from the Day of Defeat realism community. There view to realism matches is the opposite of ours.

Wins and loses, to alot of them mean a good or bad Unit.

Not to mention if a match is scheduled, it is normal to take a month or so to prepare for the 10 minute firefight... so unless they drop the competition, image attitude you will never see them here. In my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:14 am

Schweitzer wrote:
You guys got to remember they come from the Day of Defeat realism community. There view to realism matches is the opposite of ours.

Wins and loses, to alot of them mean a good or bad Unit.

Not to mention if a match is scheduled, it is normal to take a month or so to prepare for the 10 minute firefight... so unless they drop the competition, image attitude you will never see them here. In my opinion of course.

Great point about the DOD thing. DOD realism vs DH realism is totally different.
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:30 am

Well it was thier choice to come to Darkest Hour, if they cant play by our rules. EDITED.
The Darkest Hour devs even view the 29th as the "head" of the realism community ?!
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:03 am

I think it's because they have the biggest unit and volunteers to work one on one with the Devs. Although SHD does the same with Tman and so on, but perhaps we haven't been at it long enough. I really do hope they join this because at the rate they are going there may not be any campaigns and/or leagues and so on left. Lets face it, the community has shrunk and needs to stick together. I don't think SHD has won a single realism match and we still play and give our best (even though most of us had not even played DH before). I haven't seen anyone leave our ranks due to it either.

I don't want this thread becoming a hate thread towards the 29thID though. Believe me, I understand everyone's frustration about them not joining , but in the end, it is their decision to make. I don't mind cursing on this site as long as it's not directed to another individual or unit/clan please.

Thank you,

Back to top Go down
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Dont get me wrong either. I respect them for what they are in my opinion. A day of defeat realism unit that happens to play Darkest Hour.

Like Metalbourne said its there choice to do whatever they want. They have like 30-40 guys on there practice nights, so technicly they dont need any help from anyone. Im sure they are having plenty of fun by themselves. -_-
Back to top Go down
jdoe

jdoe

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:24 am

Tomi Pettinen wrote:
Well it was thier choice to come to Darkest Hour, if they cant play by our rules. EDITED.

I don't know what there was on the last part of the text, but I think I get the picture... Maybe that is exactly what is holding us back? The attitude of "you do as we say or bust".

And there seems to be a lot of BS flying around, of which I won't even mention in detail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.29th.org
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 am

Quote :
Lets face it, the community has shrunk and needs to stick together.

That, well put by Metalbourne, is the ultimate reason why we want you to join the campaign, have you seen the imbalance in numbers between the allied and axis units?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are the 29th?   Where are the 29th? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are the 29th?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next