Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st

Go down 
+10
Werner Jungmann
Klaus_Granheim
August Schreiner
{SHD}Kimball
Andrej Matkovic
Pavel Volodnikov
TChristie
LSchroll
Matvei Staroi
Friedrich Werner
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:51 pm

schroll relax, lets take it easy now.

lets look at what happened today as a reminder that we should have all the details of the match sorted out a good time before the actual scrimmage, such as Server host, Map etc.. I understand the it was a huge server problem, and also it was the only choice to use Staroi's server to host our scrimmage. However, i can understand where my men are coming from being unable to connect, our Euro DCing and waiting 25 mins to join to a black screen, its frustrating to be excited for a match and for a problem to arise and ultimately being unable to participate. Let the Raging stop now, and take into the consideration that what happened today was nothing but lack of communication and finding a suitable server.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:24 pm

I'm sorry you had such trouble Scholl. Not many others seemed to exhibit this same problem though. Everyone else was able to load in far less than 10 minutes.

Your AG commander knew it was going to be my laptop (as he has played some small battles with us on it before and asked me to set it up). I warned several times that the pings would be horrid for europeans and that I didn't recommend using the server at all, but since there was no choice, I went along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:34 pm

I was aware you were hosting the scrim, but I was not aware of everything else you just explained, if I had known this then I would've altered plans on our end to avoid the problems which we experienced.

Thank you for informing me of this, I now realize this was not as much your fault as I initially thought and that the real problem resides elsewhere.

I apologize for my attitude toward you, I now see that it was inappropriate in light of this new information.

\o
Back to top Go down
August Schreiner
Army Group Commander

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:46 pm

I guess I should've mentioned that the server would be held via his laptop. However, I didn't realize that the server would end up being that unstable. There was no alternative since there was no server setup by TWB for us. This was all arranged just a couple of days before the battle.

Sorry if I indirectly caused any inconveniences
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:37 pm

We all need to start working together more closely. Maybe arranging times to figure things out in the steam group's chat room?
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Staroi wrote:
We all need to start working together more closely. Maybe arranging times to figure things out in the steam group's chat room?

i completely agree with this idea!
Back to top Go down
Eugen Reinhard

Eugen Reinhard

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:37 am

Infaterie of the 8th Bersaglieri Regiment , behind them a 88 mm FlaK.
Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 1stBb

Regards
Reinhard
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:48 am

Nice work Reinhard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 pm

HStrauss wrote:
Staroi wrote:

i completely agree with this idea!

I third that.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:00 am

I am partly to blame for what happened on Sunday for this match as well. Being the only admin with the TWB server info, I had everything all ready Saturday night for the match. Later that night I got this bad "Spyware 2009" virus that will more then likely lead me to purchasing a new computer. I have no access to the internet through that computer but for some reason steam still worked. I got my old obsolete computer out of storage to write this. I was hoping for Jim Miller of TWB or bswearer of SiN to get online before we played to get the info from them, but they didn't. So hopefully this doesn't happen again as this stuff will arise throughout a campaign. Just need more backup's in place.

I am going to try to reformat my computer again tonight but it's not letting me do anything, so that may have been my last match I can play until I get my new computer (hopefully soon).
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:43 am

I know Psycho Sam well, and I'm going to ask him about one of their servers.

More reliable then TWB IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st   Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batlle of Cyrenaica- March 1st
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: War Ministry :: African Campaign-
Jump to: