Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)

Go down 
+8
Pavel Volodnikov
Ernst Hoffmann
MSkerke
Friedrich Werner
Werner Jungmann
Lorenz Georg
Metalbourne
razyl_daz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

"Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) Empty
PostSubject: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 pm

I was just thinking.

With only 2 members from 2 different units taking care of a campaign as detailed and complex as TOC, i was was wondering if you guys should hire more admin to help with the work load and such. Maybe we could include referees as well.

I think you should have a job opening post somewhere in the forums and just have discriptions for each job title and try to get members from different units to help out.

Though i think you guys, Werner and Mbourne, are doing a hell of a job so far for only 2 of you, maybe its time to free up your busy agendas and get help where neccessary.

Consider it anyway.

Cpl.Boon
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:40 pm

That's a great idea. I will talk it over with Werner. Also, a I think a new forum/site will be on the way soon. This site is good, but it's free and with the amount of people that are on this site now, a paid site is the only way to go.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Lorenz Georg

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Agreed. And perhaps it would lessen tensions a bit if more people had admin-like status. For some reason, people have gotten the impression that only two people being in charge leads to one side feeding bias to the other. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Although it might help if we had more admins I think it would require a community vote.

And in the End it is Werner and Bourne's campaign, so I don't wan't to tell them that they have to hand over some of the controls to others.

I think the both of them have been doing a great job running and handling the campaign so far.
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Was just asking to consider it, thats all.

They are doing a good job but i think they could find the right people if they post applications for areas of work needed. Since the start of this whole thing i just found that there is alot of shit they are doing, proly taking up most of their days. I think they would appreciate any help they could get. I think units would feel more a part of something if they had representatives from their units amongst the admin as well.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:17 am

Yea I will definetly be grabbing another player to become an admin... Maybe steiner since he is off for a bit? I will also be gone for 2 months this summer so i'll need to get atleast someone in the loop.

We'll get back to you guys when weve compiled a list of jobs we need.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:59 am

I think there should be an admin representative from each unit.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Ernst Hoffmann
Army Group Commander
Ernst Hoffmann

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:20 pm

MSkerke wrote:

Sounds like a very good idea, these people should maybe have limited access to something along the lines of moderator status. So they can delete, lock, stick posts/threads ect.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Back to top Go down
http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/index.php
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I hope that such powers would be granted to those who are responsible and unbiased.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Agreed, this can't just become a thing availible to anyone.

Maybe a joint acceptance by Werner and Bourne.
Back to top Go down
Ernst Hoffmann
Army Group Commander
Ernst Hoffmann

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Pavel Volodnikov wrote:
I hope that such powers would be granted to those who are responsible and unbiased.

Well in that case we would have to find a third party somebody from outside the league, as everyone here has a bias no matter how neutral he may try to appear. Even then finding somebody from out side the campaign that can be trusted would be hard and even then there would be no guarantee that said individual would be unbiased. Yet there is still another option (my personal favourite) take a chance, if it becomes clear that certain moderators are abusing their powers then they can have them removed.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Back to top Go down
http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/index.php
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:57 pm

I mean no disrespect but that is a little harsh Hoffmann, especially for you, to say that everyone in TOC has a biased opinion on things. I dont think i speak for myself when i say i am unbiased.

Each unit should decide who they think is worthy enough for the job and then those selected by their unit can fill out the application and see if they get selected. Application should include details of the position as well as any questions to help better determine if that applicant is right for the position or not.

And yes of course, Hoffmann is right, new admin can be overruled and removed if they turn out to be in favor of their own army through posts and new rules etc...

Just remember applicants.. with power comes responsibility.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 am

Calm down, Professor X!

I agree, a representative from each unit should be chosen.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Although I don't have an issue with say a "Council" , a representitive from each unit having a say or a vote on something, I don't want the saying of "too many cheif's and not enough indians" come true. The complexity of how things are ran within the TOC could bog down easily if we would have to run every map, reinforcment list and so on past every member of a council. I think I would like to talk to Werner about if we even really need another helping hand. Right now I feel that we have 2 fair admins for the TOC and many people help out with modding the maps and other things. Werner's background is more realism and mine is more into normal clan vs clan play, but I know a lot about WW2. SHD play both sides in every other league except this one, so I feel we know what is fair and so on within the game and try to remain true to history in a fair manor.

I know everyone wants to help and make this the best campaign ever, which is greatly appreciated, I want the same thing. What I don't want is for one side to be to presuaded and everything has to be okayed by so many people each match takes many weeks to get played.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:30 pm

"each match takes many weeks to get played." -Metalbourne

One of the number one reasons why, in my opinion, admin of TOC needs helping hands.

Other reasons such as mistakes on equipment and reinforcements lists, mis-reading official equipment lists posted by units before a match, etc... honest mistakes, no doubt about it, but all it tells me is that the workload for the two of you is bringin on stress and resulting in little mistakes like these. Little, honest mistakes that seem to cause huge uproars amongst the TOC community.

You can evaluate and find your "cheifs" through questioning in the applications. Sure, alot of people can keep straight faces, especially when they are typing and dont even have to look at you, but like Hoffman said, these guys can easily be removed if they are not capable of taking on such a responsibility.

There are good honest people amongst this league though, regarless of all the non-sense in the forums. Just have to find the right guys for the job.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Maybe a few more, no more then 5, including Werner and Bourne.

I've really had no complaints about ToC, I get into the duscussions/arguments sometimes, but I'm fine with the way the campaign is going. I also like the frequency of the battles, it gives enought time to train and plan for them.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Metal and I are talking this over now... you'll know when we have decided the new change that needs to be made and if applications are sent out.

I will voice my opinion here though, no way am i letting every unit send a volunteer. For every reason Metal gave and for the fact that you all smell and are no fun to talk to Razz
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Werner Jungmann wrote:
Maybe a few more, no more then 5, including Werner and Bourne.

I've really had no complaints about ToC, I get into the duscussions/arguments sometimes, but I'm fine with the way the campaign is going. I also like the frequency of the battles, it gives enought time to train and plan for them.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:28 am

MSkerke wrote:

Yes, but we can only let certain unit leaders with a history of stability able to get administrative power. In other words, not unit leaders that are constantly making new units and switching sides or newcomers to the realism scene....
Back to top Go down
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:55 am

Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt wrote:

Yes, but we can only let certain unit leaders with a history of stability able to get administrative power. In other words, not unit leaders that are constantly making new units and switching sides or newcomers to the realism scene....

I havent seen too many leaders making new units every other day and most are stable and have been around for a long time but in my oppinion it shouldnt just be leaders as representatives of each unit but others who know what theyre talking about.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:11 pm

I think I know who Stahl is talking about.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Werner Jungmann wrote:
I think I know who Stahl is talking about.... Wink
Brandt?
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Excluding certain people because of thier past wont serve to achieve anything and will alienate a small part of the community.
Not helping relations there.
1 Representative from each Unit.
Can not be commander
Must be 'purged' (changed) Monthly to stop corruption as with all power comes corruption.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Changed? Corruption? Im sure anyone who is hand picked by Werner and Metalbourne wouldnt be corrupt seeing as they have there trust. I think your being a little paranoid.
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:46 pm

yea il say it again.. there are fair, honest people in this league.

leaders should not have to take on the responsibility of helping run TOC, as they proly have enough on their plate just running their unit. Unless the leaders want to take part, i think it should be the runner-ups or officers/next in command of each unit that should help out.

Agreed, one member from each unit in TOC would be disaster, but it would be nice to select admin from various units rather than just 1 or 2 units.

I'm sure Werner and Mbourne will do just fine finding a loyal representative or 2 to help TOC run smooth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)   "Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Take a Load Off!" (in regards to admin)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next