Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IL-2 Sturmovik

Go down 
+4
Metalbourne
Ritter
Friedrich Werner
DSigmund
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DSigmund

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:03 pm

I've heard this is already in discussion but I would like to go over some of the points of having TOC on IL-2. For one, it would be an entirely new theme to realism but it would still be quite interesting. It would fit in with the rest of TOC, like supply and other such needs and its a highly realistic game which fits the topic. Either way this is just my 2 cents, but I would definitly participate in it.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:04 pm

yes good points. We would love to incorporate it as soon as we get allied flyers.
Back to top Go down
Ritter

Ritter

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:17 pm

As werner said, we still lack sufficient allied pilots to start up.
A rulesystem is worked out, and enough Axis pilots are available.
Beside allied pilots, there is need for an Axis veteran pilot with a
little spare time and not afraid to help out a little with lists, opinions
and insight.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:12 pm

I would love to incorporate this into the campaign. To make it like Battleground Europe Online WW2, having both Air and Land battles, but could be hard to incorporate if we don't have enough Airmen. It's ashame Battleground Europe wasn't a little more like RO because we could just play that game, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
{SHD}Kimball

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:56 am

I always wanted to play battleground europe, too bad its 15 bucks a month.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 am

Yeah, it's an awesome game and if they could just make the tanking a little more realistic and better graphics, along with cheaper, it would be the perfect game. It was awesome when you had a huge combined arms battle. The tanks would hide in the tree lines until the aircraft above would finish battling then the tanks would move in along with the infantry and try to take a village/town. I would love for RO2 to have something like this built in for campaigns.

I guess you could kind of do it with RO, have a few servers running all the time with reporting which side won and keep track of losses and so on on a campaign map , but it would be so hard to do it right with RO and IL2.
Back to top Go down
Smith

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:02 am

BF1942 with Forgotten Hope or BattleGroup 42 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ATopf

ATopf

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:20 pm

thats sounds sick, i wish i played that gmae Sad

but for IL i think we should have a solid count of axis/ allied pilots so we know the numbers and go from there
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:06 am

The flight model in BF1942 is hilarious. bounce
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 am

Battleground Europe Online WW2 is this the new name for WW2 online?

i had done some open beta testing years ago for that game. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Smith

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Michael Steiner wrote:
The flight model in BF1942 is hilarious. bounce

yah, but it was fun as hell
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Michael Steiner wrote:
Battleground Europe Online WW2 is this the new name for WW2 online?

i had done some open beta testing years ago for that game. Crying or Very sad

Yes, that's the extend name of WW2 online. It's an awesome idea if it was just executed a little better would be the best game ever imo. We need the campaign ability of WW2 online, with IL2 Airpower, T34 vs Tiger ground forces and Silent serveice or something for the navy. In WW2 online, it has all three forces land, sea and air, but doesn't have the best graphics or is the most realsitic as far as game play. If anyone knows of a game that has all of this, please let me know lol.
Back to top Go down
Smith

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 am

BF1942, use Forgotten Hope or Battlegroup42 (Both are realistic and historical mods)

Forgotten Hope Homepage

Battlegroup42 homepage

EDIT:

There is also a Finn Wars mod

Finn Wars Homepage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IL-2 Sturmovik Empty
PostSubject: Re: IL-2 Sturmovik   IL-2 Sturmovik I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IL-2 Sturmovik
Page 1 of 1