Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Realism at its best

Go down 
+12
{SHD}Kimball
Klaus_Granheim
Metalbourne
bswearer
Redit
Hollowpoint9mm
TChristie
Pavel Volodnikov
Matvei Staroi
HStrauss
MSkerke
Leopold
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leopold

Realism at its best Empty
PostSubject: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Hello I come from 181/110 Realism div. that disbanded and this campaign sounds fantastic. To have a great Realism match I feel that we should reinforce tankers jumping to seats, inf. can not dive throw grenades, and what is your guys position on tanks using HE shells on each other and hipshooting weapons from rifles to smgs in close combat?
Back to top Go down
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Im not a big fan of hipshooting.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:32 pm

no no on hip-shooting, close combat.....use your stock and bayonet.

Last edited by HStrauss on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:14 pm

When it comes to rifles, you shouldn't need to fire from the hip at close range, except maybe once if you are surprised, but then immediately close in with bayonet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Leopold

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:23 pm

I agree with no hipshooting and using buts and bayos for close quarters but what about HE shells on tanks?

Last edited by Leopold on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:25 pm

I presume no hipshooting at close ranges with the SMG as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm

No Hipshooting period. and about HE shells on tanks im not quite sure by what you mean
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Hipshooting SMGs at short range is completly accurate. just dont be spraying 71 rounds around a room you think is occupied by germans. to ban hipshooting completely for the sake of realism makes no sense as its realistic to hipshoot a SMG.

Last edited by Christie on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leopold

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Instead of using Armor peircing rounds you could use Heavy explosive which gradually kills the tank and can shoot on his angle. Also this tactic kills engines,is severe on belly shots, and effects top armor alot[if you get an ontop shot of a tank].
Back to top Go down
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:44 pm

I dont like run and gunning because of the ppsh and its lack of recoil. And I dont see any problem with HE shots being fired at tanks. Just my two cents
Back to top Go down
Leopold

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:49 pm

Clearly the run and gunning would only be in dramatic situations of house clearing and seigeing, and as long as people do not abuse it like Christie said it should be fine. Also Using HE has its positives and negatives and I think that the tankers should have their choice of how they want to engage the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Hollowpoint9mm

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Tbh, Hip shooting in close quarters is extremely realistic. Stuff like hip shooting your rifle across the street is dumb, I agree. But for house clearing and if you are surprised or something than I think it is acceptable to hip shoot.
Back to top Go down
Redit
Admin
Redit

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Hip shooting should be allowed with Submachine Guns and in extreme close range circumstances. Using HE shells against tanks should be allowed as a Tank Crew would be able to choose it's own method for bringing down an enemy tank on the spot.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm

have to agree with hollowpoint about hip shooting as well....in close quarters, human instinct will say hipshoot, not take 2 extra seconds to pull up your sights. if the game was made with guns not have truely accurate recoil, than that is the devs' fault. i say play the game as it is. of course, hipping from 100 yards accross the street is just totally unrealistic (even though a lot of fun raping with long distance hips! Laughing ) i would say hipping with any weapon is fine in close quarters. really dont understand why HE wouldnt be allowed.....use whatever you have to kill your enemy. or, just simply take the HE away from tanks if you dont want them to use it....
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:38 pm

No, the HE rounds should stay and are the choice of the tanker. I know that a heavy tank like the IS2 and Tiger/Panther can be destroyed by HE rounds after awhile, but this is a coding issue that we can't do anything about. Besides, who's to say if you keep firing HE shells at a tank you wouldn't get some shrapnel or other things happen to the tank anyway.

Hip shooting is a good point. Although I hate it when some people run around and seem to be marksman with a hip shot, I must discourage agianst this, since this isn't real, but if you were suprised and get a lucky shot, then I say let it stand. This would be impossible to enforce unless many see it happening several times. So i say "TRY NOT" to hip shoot.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Does the HE stuff work on Armored Beasts? I don't tank much so I never knew that.
Back to top Go down
{SHD}Kimball

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Believe it or not soldiers in war did hipfire...alot more than you all probally think too. Hipfiring is fine in CQC. If an idiot wants to try it at long range than its his fault, he'll get picked off. When clearing or supressing an area soldier would often hipfire though. No reason why it shoulden't be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Leopold

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Excellent, then we will depend on people not abusing hipshooting unless under extreme surcumstances of close quarters fighting. And I havnt tried using HE rounds in armored beasts, does anybody know if it is as effective?
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:21 pm

i dont want to see some idiot with a PPSH run into a room of germans with his pee-shooter shooting 70 rounds spraying every which way. Did people hip-shoot? yes.....was hip-shooting what it is like in RO......i think not. SO in certain situations, id say yes....but then again people WILL start complaining, both sides. I was under the impression that the current ToC was against run and gun, so i dont know.
Back to top Go down
Leopold

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Actually realistically both the smg weapons have little kick back since they are pistol rounds, but I agree that shooting more than a burst or two is just abusing the Hip-shot honor code and should only be used in crucial close quarter battle.
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:21 am

Well theres one ultimate tool if the honor code isnt "honored". Match recordings, not quite sure how this works but i guess it records the entire match on spectator and when you go back through it you can switch between players? Of course this would need to be recorded by a independant person on spectator mode with no black screen. This should only be applied in extreme measures though. (sorry IC guys i keep stealing your ideas)
Back to top Go down
Leopold

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:26 am

Hopefully it doesnt have to come to that, and people who are issued smgs will be breifed on what they can and caint do it certain situations. But Christies is a solid plan IF it becomes a problem.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 am

Hipshooting in buildings only. Outside is a NoNo. You can hipshoot with any weapon. And in the end, use common sense, don't play like it is CS, play like it is real life. Everyone knows what is realistic or not.

Personally, I don't have a problem with "jumpnading", it's physics, things go farther in real life if you run a bit then leap and trow it, and it works that way in RO aswell.

Shooting your HE at a tank is fine, if you manage to destroy the other tank it is more his fault then yours, as he should know where thefiring is coming from. It takes quite awhile to destroy things with HE in RO. In real life things would take damage from HE anyways, probably more then shown in RO, tranks would definitely be out, crewmen would get hurt inside aswell.
Back to top Go down
Leopold

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:44 am

I agree with Werner in every aspect that we are going to have to put our trust in the SMGs to not abuse hip-shooting, and to try and create a realistic atmosphere for the best game play for BOTH sides when it comes to close quarters.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:34 pm

agreed as well. i just wonder what the difference is between hipshooting inside and outside?

and on the serverside demo rec, a server admin can log in and type in the command "admin demorec XX" into the console to start a serverside demo that is saved into the sever's demo folder in its ftp. what we'ved got going at ROLeague is just turning on blackout for actual players. because the demo is taken from the spectator point of view, freeroam, and behind player views need to be enabled and no blackout, or you wouldn't be able to see anything! Laughing . if this is gonna be used, then players would just have to leave the server when killed, instead of moving to spec.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realism at its best   Realism at its best I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realism at its best
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next