Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Screen or Leaving

Go down 
+10
Matvei Staroi
Klaus_Granheim
Andrej Matkovic
Schweitzer
HStrauss
Werner Jungmann
MSkerke
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt
|GD|Kessler
Friedrich Werner
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Black Screen or Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 am

When you die do you think we should have death screen (blacked out) or do you think players should have to leave the server?
Back to top Go down
|GD|Kessler
Unit Commander
|GD|Kessler

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:21 am

black makes it much easier to start the next round versus having to wait for everyone to reconnect
Back to top Go down
http://www.GD-Div.com
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:06 am

Kessler wrote:
black makes it much easier to start the next round versus having to wait for everyone to reconnect

Yeah I agree, plus when somebody leaves the server it's a great indicator that they're dead which negates the purposes of no death messages.
Back to top Go down
MSkerke

MSkerke

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:14 am

I dont mean to be a nag or point any fingers but I think theyre should be death messages and people should leave on death. In the previous campagin there was alot of respawning even though there was only one life per match. To make sure there is no fighting on wether that person died or not I think those things should be implimented. Just my honest oppinion.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:40 am

For reasons of clarity, and scorekepping etc...

I also think , messages should appear, and people leave on death. It's not ultimate realism, but it makes shure people don't take advantage of things.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 am

Werner Jungmann wrote:
For reasons of clarity, and scorekepping etc...

I also think , messages should appear, and people leave on death. It's not ultimate realism, but it makes shure people don't take advantage of things.

i agree with this as well, it the only way you can tell who has died for all teams, i also vote for Black Screen at death.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:34 pm

so I have requests for death messages...
would you want these to be viewable to everyone, or just to the guy who killed the soldier?

Also these matches are to my knowledge only going to be 1 round long, but unlimited time and 1 life, so take that into consideration if you thought differently.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:32 pm

I'd have to say everyone.

That way you can have evidence. not just a guy saying, "I saw the message" shit..
Back to top Go down
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Use the map variable mutator and extend the respawn time to 500 billion minutes if you want.

We did this in EFO.

No death messages, Blacked screens, massive respawn times and team ready mut.

Both sides signaled ready and off we went. Some times a person might not spawn in that case the Unit leader announces failed to spawn personal and admin resets the round.

This way it is impossible to respawn and enter the fight and you can stick around and have fun watching the map flicker and such. I always enjoyed that part when dead anyways.
Back to top Go down
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Schweitzer wrote:
Use the map variable mutator and extend the respawn time to 500 billion minutes if you want.

We did this in EFO.

No death messages, Blacked screens, massive respawn times and team ready mut.

Both sides signaled ready and off we went. Some times a person might not spawn in that case the Unit leader announces failed to spawn personal and admin resets the round.

This way it is impossible to respawn and enter the fight and you can stick around and have fun watching the map flicker and such. I always enjoyed that part when dead anyways.

I think that this is the best idea and answer.
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 pm

I think the last suggestions would work fine, so long as there is no possibility of the enemy re-spawning. I think where this issue becomes tricky is if we allow a retreat system, and how that will tie into figuring out who is dead, and who is in a position to retreat.
Back to top Go down
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Well if they want to retreat wouldnt they just run back to spawn?
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Who ensures they made it to spawn? IMO, the only way for that to be implemented is for a public announcement that a retreat has been conducted to be passed over the in game message system, and for the victorious army to arrive and inspect how many players and what equipment was successfully withdrawn.

This shouldn't be announced until all retreating units have arrived at their destination and all fighting can cease, any units not at spawn once the retreat is officially announced but who are alive, should be placed as POW's regardless of their own wish to continue fighting or not, it should be a battle commander decision. But if a unit is surrounded for example, there should not just be a way for them to say "we retreat" and disconnect without verification of how many people have retreated successfully.

Also for maps where spawn is very very close to a final objective, they should pick a corner of the map pre-designated as a retreat section and make no effort to hide their location. If the fighting has spilled to the last objective, the attackers need to know when a player is "off-limits to kill" and where that location is.
Back to top Go down
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Well keeping to SS tradition, we will never retreat or surrender. So thats of no concern to me. Twisted Evil

What about tanks? After you use a tank in a match regardless if its killed or not, it is "used" right??

Because if we try and keep track of kills and what survived with no death msgs it will lead to massive fighting, I PROMISE!
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm pretty shure there will be massive fighting anyways. I think this whole retreating things is nonsense, we shouldn't let them retreat, not do I expect them to ever attempt a retreat.
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Using the increased spawn time for 1 life-per-round is not a good idea for this campaign. Simple reason, not everyone will spawn.

It works fine for 32 players because maps are made with enough spawn points for 16v16, but it has problems when slots on the server are upped to 40-50 and the map doesn't have 20-25 spawn slots.

I suppose if you know how to edit the map efficiently, you can work around it. If so, then it would actually be the best thing to do. So, the mappers can answer this problem, really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Using team ready fixes the no spawning problem. We encountered it in EFO and if someone didnt spawn, just type of global chat and the admin can do a round restart.
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 am

I think a global death message can only clear up confusion and preempt any fighting about kills/deaths. I'd rather not have it, but it's impossible to argue with a message clearly stated for all to see, and then a player leaving the server.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:00 am

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 am

I don't see why you need it. Upping the respawn multiplier to 500 or something will eliminate respawns all-together.

The reason people respawned in the last campaign (Ostfront), is because it actually had limited respawn waves, every 5 or so minutes. In EFO, which didn't have respawns, when someone did respawn, it was because the server didn't have the map variable mutator set.
Back to top Go down
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:54 am

If not everyone is spawning you can just mod the map to give it 25 player starts for each team. Most maps should already have it.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 am

Concerning the tank and vehicle question... If a vehicle or tank is used, but not destroyed, it can be reused again and again. I think commanders will be able to report to their respective admin their losses in the match in personnel and equipment. Just grab a piece of paper, every time a friendly dies make a tally... every time a vehicle dies make a seperate tally and describe what was lost. Not very hard... get this information up to higher and we'll cross check it. This should be a fun way for commanders to be responsible as well as concerned about using equipment the correct way and not losing it because they think it's lost no matter what.

I think we should have black screen and i think we should have death messages for everyone...
With dm for everyone, The opposing unit leader can make a tally of what he knows the enemy losses were. That way both sides send up their losses and the enemy's losses, so we can cross check and make sure everything is good to go for next time.

Werner
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Over-complicating the process.

For armor, since you're already editing maps, you can edit the amount of armor respawns to zero. VehicleRespawnLimit

As for soldiers respawning, the varaible mutator can take care of that. However, if we do it the way you're suggesting with killshow on, are players allowed to disconnect from the server on death? Seems like a waste of time to stay there if they die AND the enemy saw a message saying so.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Another level of assurance.

Even if you die and stay (making it look like you are still on the team. With the death messages even if you die and stay, everybody sees the message and record that they died.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:09 pm

this is all starting to see very complicated. keep is simple. assuming this is definately going to be one life, just set no respawn or set reinforcement waves to 0. leave the deathmessages on so EVERYBODY knows who dies. all "dead" players should just disconnect from the server. set the "Kick Idlers Time" to say 1 minute so those who are dead would just be kicked from the server if they dont leave on their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen or Leaving   Black Screen or Leaving I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Screen or Leaving
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Ideas?-
Jump to: