Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle for Finland (August 41)

Go down 
+4
Eugen Reinhard
TChristie
Pavel Volodnikov
Friedrich Werner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Battle for Finland (August 41) Empty
PostSubject: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Heeresgruppe Nord defends against Army Group North Stavka in Finland (Map Mannikalla)

Changes have been made to the map and it can be downloaded on the 2nd SS Das Reich Realism Server.
Get to the server early on Sunday so we don't have to wait for people to dl the map after the match was supposed to start. it might be a fast download and it might not... Act accordingly!

Match Time: 1800 GMT, 1300 Eastern is start time. Again, don't be late... The sever will close at 10 after unless there needs to be an emergency change.

Before the match begins the Axis will stay in their spawn and the Allies will stay in theres... No roaming around the battlefield and shooting opponents. Leaders may not conduct recon.

When the admin restarts the map, the Germans will be given 5 minutes to get ready for the Russian attack, while all Russians remain in spawn. When 5 minutes has passed the Russian leader will announce that the game has begun in text and by public chat. From there it is war.

FYI: Germans get upto 2 PTRD's and AT guns will be workable. If Russians need anything let Baurer (map modder) know asap.

Good luck to both sides!

Last edited by Friedrich Werner on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 pm

Is there any way we can get a download link for the map so we can practice it on our server?
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:34 am

2nd SS is creating the map as we speak. Should be available before this weekend.
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 pm

I disagree with the time layout, far too early in my view for anyone on the Pacific time zone. Of which i know a couple of 193rd are. Just i dont want to see another 30 v 8 style battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Heh, I don't think it's exactly your place to state the condition of our forces , I assure you that such a turnout won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 pm

pacific time zones have to make a small sacrifice in order for eastern european players to have any chance of playing and getting enough sleep for their activities the following day (monday). Each of the 2 matches on a particular sunday is also at a different start time so that alllies that need reinforcements from other AG's will be allowed to do so. This is the fairest way possible to help this campaign suceed and thus i see this as ... End of discussion.
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm

What's the status of the edited map?
Back to top Go down
Eugen Reinhard

Eugen Reinhard

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Will be done today , the only things changed will be the classes ,both for Germans and Russians (including the tank's for the Russians)

Regards
Reinhard
Back to top Go down
Johann Bauer

Johann Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:38 am

Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks, it is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Don't forget about time change tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ernst Hoffmann
Army Group Commander
Ernst Hoffmann

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:00 am

Time now for me is 4:00PM-GMT so the match is in two hours from now? I don't want the americans with their time zone changes to **** things up like before.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/index.php
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 pm

so what were the results gentlemen?
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 pm

The Soviet offensive into Finland was unsuccessful.

Main command did not alot us enough troops for the task.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:51 pm

so the soviets decided to hold? no casualties either side?
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 pm

We fielded seven and suffered seven casualties: Volodnikov, Staroi, Motsky, Volodya, Sokolov, Bicowa, and Stanskiy.
We also fielded three BT-7s, all of which were intact at the end of the battle.

We inflicted eight casualties: six 16.KP and two 2.SS

The battle resulted in a defeat of the Soviet forces attacking Finland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Finland (August 41)   Battle for Finland (August 41) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle for Finland (August 41)
Page 1 of 1