Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maps and Minefields

Go down 
+10
LSchroll
Lorenz Georg
Eugen Reinhard
Pavel Volodnikov
HStrauss
Matvei Staroi
Friedrich Werner
Günter Severloh
Metalbourne
Michael Steiner
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

Maps and Minefields Empty
PostSubject: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:27 pm

I think minefields should be removed from maps entirely.
This would give maps some what of a new feel and posibly adds new strategy.

Be nice if people would add some comments to these post.(Learned my lesson Suspect )

Last edited by Michael Steiner on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:52 pm

I don't really know how hard it is to remove them, but the minefields aren't that big of an issue to me.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm

What a Face

Last edited by Michael Steiner on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Günter Severloh
Army Group Commander
Günter Severloh

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm

mine fields are their to corral the players into a given area of play, another reason is that on some maps they are put there cuz teh map ends just beyond teh trees.
Minefields are just volumes that can be moved to anywhere u want, and can be removed with out effecting the map in terms of how it runs likeas in caps or such.
Back to top Go down
http://www.187th.net
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:15 am

I believe mines should be removed... because some maps offer little room for flanking or moving undetected while the mines funnel you into death traps. IMO get rid of the mines and i can offer more volume in map choices each turn.

other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 am

I think it depends on the map. I suppose if someone thinks there should be no minefields in the next battle, they could request it and the other side agree or disagree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:15 am

this is easier said then done. and though some minefield can be removed or at least moved of slightly for more room....some may just make you fall threw the map and off the "world".
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:22 am

cyclops

Last edited by Michael Steiner on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:28 pm

but you wouldnt get the last minute warning... that'd really suck
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:33 pm

true, but im sure no one...at least not myself is willing to re-work an entire map, finding out where you can and cannot go and where to place the borders without falling off the map.
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Michael Steiner on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:58 pm

then by all means go ahead and start Razz
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:11 pm

So I suppose that it will be alright to camp at the very edge of the map, perhaps glitching so that you can fire at people, but you yourself can't be seen or shot at? I think the minefields are fine the way they have been. There has already been flanking successfully utilized in battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
Eugen Reinhard

Eugen Reinhard

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Pavel Volodnikov wrote:
So I suppose that it will be alright to camp at the very edge of the map, perhaps glitching so that you can fire at people, but you yourself can't be seen or shot at? I think the minefields are fine the way they have been. There has already been flanking successfully utilized in battle.

I agree, the edge minefields need to stay in place .
Back to top Go down
Lorenz Georg

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 am

I think if there was an area of logical terrain that was somehow cut off by minefields, I would agree with removing the mines there. Like the hill sides in the middle of (I think) Krivoi Rog - as you drive your tank out, you're likely to blow up if you get too close to the hills that flank the road to the main field out of spawn. That's just plain ridiculous, and the mines are unnecessary there.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:33 am

Every map has to have it's limits.

Do the current limits have a measurable impact on your fighting capability? Will it really make that much of a difference if the limits are extended?

As far as I'm concerned, if the map limits must be extended to accommodate the ability of armor to maneuver freely on the battlefield then so be it, but beyond that it would likely require too much time and effort to extend the map limits beyond what is really required, and with little effective impact on gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:53 am

pirat

Last edited by Michael Steiner on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:31 pm

It doesnt take much for an editor to take them out for a battle if need be. i dont see anything wrong with this. good discussion.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Is there a point to this?
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:35 pm

yes. like all posts in the rules discussion thread...

to enable or disable the rule/subject being discussed.

to me this is almost unquestionable though. if any unit sees an area in the map that they would like to use strategically to out flank the enemy w/e.. editors should disable the mine feilds.
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:39 pm

cheers <----- looks like he is surrendering.

Last edited by Michael Steiner on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:03 pm

in some maps.....Mine-field may be moved or taken out BUT only up to a point. In others they can not without you literally falling through the map and dying without any warning. Some Terran in RO looks solid but its actually not and will cause you to fall through the world. More or less, yes they can be removed but there HAS to be a limit somewhere..
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:01 pm

The terrain can also be adjusted so that you do not fall through and boundries for mine feilds can be set up closer to the borders of the map to avoid falling out of the perimiter.

I am not a map editor, dont ask me how i know this but it can be done if we like.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:06 pm

And I suppose you're going to be the one who's going to do it? This goes back to my original post.

We all know mines can be removed, and we all know terrain can be reworked, but would this be allot of unnecessary expense for little payoff? And what about the complications that will arise as a result? There will be complications, what happens if you bug the map, or create an unfair advantage for one side?
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:25 pm

yes, razyl thats true, but thats basically remaking an entire map for one match....as a Mapper i can tell you it can get frustrating when editing making sure everything is right. On the other hand i have no desire to remake each map for every one of our scrims..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maps and Minefields   Maps and Minefields I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maps and Minefields
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next