Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Binoc Sniping

Go down 
+11
Werner Jungmann
{1.SS}Behncke
Klaus_Granheim
Friedrich Werner
Ritter
LSchroll
Dreek
Metalbourne
HStrauss
bswearer
TChristie
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TChristie

TChristie

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 am

Hopefully this wont be allowed

(EDITED TO STOP PEOPLE USING IT)

This of-course is highly unrealistic yet i have seen it used in one realism match (by the opposing force) to devasting effect so that it is effectivly a sniper rifle.

Last edited by Christie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
bswearer
Unit Commander

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:54 am

wow! now that is actually a very intersting tactic....never heard of it til now, but i can see how that would cause problems. now i might have to try this out on the Snipe server to see how it works!!!
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:26 pm

agreed, this should not be allowed.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Yes, I never heard of this either, i'm sure it's very effective, but it will not be allowed. The only snipers (if any) will be the sniper class. I've never come up against this, but i'm sure it's very devestating.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Dreek

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 am

It was used in IC with the PTRD I hope its not allowed here.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 am

I too have never witnessed this tactic in use, and I agree that if such a tactic does exist that it should not be allowed, but how do we prevent it's usage?
Back to top Go down
Ritter

Ritter

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:34 am

Neither had I heard of this before, eh the best way to prevent this, as seemingly few knew of this, was not mention it! No
Now everyone can read it, I suggest..deleting the post? Altering the message to clear it out?
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:32 am

Message has been altered, the best way to stop it happening ingame is to basicly rely on the honor system, if a team wishes to dishonor themselves and risk being banned from the campaign and any future ones its up to them. But if any witnesses such an act (hearing it over TS/Vent) they should be obliged to report it.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Idea could just take away binocs from all but squad leader/tank commander.......let them point out targets to their ptrds and snipers, since the only reason why those classes have binocs is to find targets....
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:01 pm

no, its good to have for Officer and Sqd leader, since one can spot for the MG...
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:49 am

Leave the binocs for evryone thats get them imo. Just dont do that ptrd rifle/ bio swap shit.
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:14 am

Is there a person who can modify weapon loadouts to allow say a machinegun assistant to carry binoculars if a unit so chooses? Will there be a limit on the number of binocs a side may carry into a battle?
Back to top Go down
{1.SS}Behncke

{1.SS}Behncke

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:28 pm

I have actually used it, well with a friend back before I was in a unit. Using the binocs to direct his fire up or down left or right. I have only used this tactic one time cause I realized it was pretty lame.

Ya shouldn't be allowed I agree.
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:39 pm

What you just descibed isnt binoc sniping, what you just said seems to be fairly ok and actually quite realistic.
Back to top Go down
{1.SS}Behncke

{1.SS}Behncke

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Christie wrote:
What you just descibed isnt binoc sniping, what you just said seems to be fairly ok and actually quite realistic.

My friend was not using a sniper rifle. I thought it was either what I mentioned, or you are talking about snipers who are given binocs. That or I am not understanding what binoc sniping is exactly.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:26 pm

I think for ToC, we should edit it to take away the Binocs from everybody but the Squad leader, who with an SMG will nto be able to use that hack to good effect. Hopefully each units designated Squad Leader will have the honour not to request a rifle from someone else.

Last edited by Werner Jungmann on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

Wilhelm Stahlschmiedt

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Werner Jungmann wrote:
I think for ToC, we should edit it to take away the Binocs from everybody but the Squad leader, who with an SMG will nto be able to use that hack to good effect. Hopefully each units designated Squad Leader will hav ethe honour not to request a rifle from someone else.

I'm not sure I agree with that because that would mean that we could only have squad leaders spot for the MGers.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:32 pm

I say leave binocs the way they are... not enough as it is imo.

just dont do this ptrd stuff. end of story
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:03 pm

well for RO, there are only squad leaders, unike DH (and i believe MN as well) where there are also officers. i would say everybody but snipers and anti-tank that recieve binocs by defualt get them. however, it might be nice to add in a "role" as a spotter that could for example spot for a sniper/mg/ptrd since really the officer/SL's real role is not to spot for 1 soldier but direct the entire outfit. fairly easy to do this....could either just allow one rifleman to have binocs, or add in an arty observer on maps for the russians for example and make sure they have a rifle. doesnt CC have spotters already for the mortars? i am even pretty certain that a role could just be renamed to be called a "spotter" instead of say an "artilley observer", then limit it to just have 1 slot available. would have to open up my sdk to take a look at it though to be certain if it is possible.....
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 pm

I don't really trust people to not cheat with the binocs.

I say take it away from everything except SL. If somebody can make a special spotter class, fine, but give them an SMG so they can't do this stuff.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:48 pm

good point...give the spotter an smg instread of a rifle
Back to top Go down
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Technicly for a standard German squad, the Squad leader did direct/ semi spot for the MG. However for ingame purposes its more practical to have small MG/Sniper squads with a spotter.

Another feature I would like to see would be a 'Tank Crew' class with binocs and an smg or rifle. Since the game does not along tank riding on almost all tanks. 1.SS and several other units use a third tank crew member as a scout that dismounts and goes ahead on foot in certain situations.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 am

Would we be able to make more squad leader and tank commander positions available instead of 1-2?
Back to top Go down
Schweitzer
Army Group Commander
Schweitzer

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 am

He edited his orignal post to not disclose exactly how it is done Behnke. That way the disease doesnt spread. I will tell you later on mIRC if you really want to know. Your a dedicated Realism player so telling you wont do jack for making the problem worse.
Back to top Go down
{SHD}Kimball

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:54 am

I tried this method out earlier today and unfortunatly it was pretty effective. I suggest taking the binocs away from anti tank guys. If a carrier or tank is driving around it should be up to the rest of the team to alert the anti tank guys where it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Binoc Sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Binoc Sniping   Binoc Sniping I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Binoc Sniping
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Ideas?-
Jump to: