Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need new Allied Units...

Go down 
+9
Werner Jungmann
Pavel Volodnikov
Dmitri Orlov
Andrej Matkovic
LSchroll
TChristie
Smith
Ritter
Metalbourne
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

Need new Allied Units... Empty
PostSubject: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:03 am

This campaign is at threat again from the age old problem of not having enough Allied units and too many Axis units. From my last count this puts Axis at 9 units to the Allies now 1 1/2 units with SiN playing when they can. I urge all units to ask around to recruit new Allied units so we can keep Realism going. Remember, the Axis units have just as much to gain from this as the Allies (New Blood, lol). Ask regular clans if they would be just willing to play realism rules for the Allies.

I understand the need for 4+1 Finnish Axis AG groups because of numbers, but now the Allies only have enough men to form 1 AG and now must play for 4 AG's.

Thank you,

Metal
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Ritter

Ritter

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 am

I agree. One cant be forced into playing a side he doesnt like, but for most people, it doesnt matter.
So all we can do is urge them, join the allies, stop forming new axis units, we have enough!

Many of those in Axis units are unwilling to play Ivan, or ally, that is why from the very start,
some of us chose this side, have have not a single time(some do actually) changed to the opposing side.
But we know that for many people, it matters little, so for Christs' sake, help those allies out.
As it stands, they're not even close to outnumbering the Germans as in real history, they are
as Metalbourne stated, seriously outnumbered themself.
If as an individual or as a group one really wish to make a difference, help those allies out.
We Germans can take care of ourselves, most of us are 'old ro vets', we got our shit together.
But Allied units still suffer in numbers, (sorry to say) activity as well and maybe some fighting spirit.
I'm certain some have sufficient, but in general, we barely encounter that.
C'mon, ya'll really wanna see the swastikabanner fluttering over Moscow and London?
(I know I do, but thats beside the point king )
Back to top Go down
Smith

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Ask the 6th Ranger Battalion
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:58 pm

They seem to be buddy buddy with the 29th, and hopefully not but maybe they will take the same position as the 29th.

I asked Fsq (Polish RO clan) but they are busy with another RO campaign, i looked into this and the polish community basicly have thier own version of IC called Fall Barbarossa, maybe it would be in both of our interests to maybe merge the two campaigns?
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
LSchroll

LSchroll

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:21 pm

May I ask why you decided to create another Axis unit? It seems a little unnecessary given the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Tomi Pettinen wrote:
They seem to be buddy buddy with the 29th, and hopefully not but maybe they will take the same position as the 29th.

Nice attitude buddy, as far as I know weren't you an allied unit then started fresh and started a Finnish? I'm glad you greatly helped the allies GREAT WORK!
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Ive been meaning to make this unit for a while, it is only 1 Person leaving the allies. The 193rd/7th Armoured are still around, dont really see what the big deal is. Ive been trying to help the allies, talking to clan leaders and such, dont go on a bitching rampage just because 1 person left the allies.
Back to top Go down
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:35 pm

pretty sure I'm not going on "bitching rampage" since I'm not complaining just being a sarcastic asshole
Back to top Go down
Dmitri Orlov

Dmitri Orlov

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Pettinen has been talking about making a Finnish unit for a while now, we all agreed that it was up to him to leave or not leave, it's a shame he did indeed go make a new unit, but it's his own choice, no matter what the circumstances are, he decided to make it, no one can be forced to choose a side they want to play on. Everyone from the 193rd Rifle Division wishes him well with his new unit, and we all hope it will be successful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Sorry for my ignorance then, at least its not a German unit. Anyways I hope to form a Yugoslavian Partisans unit and am wondering if it will be worth a try. Its pretty hard to recruit with out a server and the RO forums are well limited. I'm hoping that since its not a typical Russian/ German unit that it might help, sort of like Tomi's Finnish unit. Anyways let me know what you guys think. Also if you know anyone interested feel free to PM me on these forums. Once again sorry for my ignorance Tomi.
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Very nice choice, i actually used to run a Yugoslav Partisan unit, if you need some information on ranks, or division names, just contact me.
I dont have a server, my recruiting has been done by making friends on servers and just casually suggesting that they should join my unit,.
Best of luck with your unit, you need any help, just contact me: xfire: siberiansniper
Back to top Go down
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks mate, I do remember an axis Croatian unit. Thanks for the help and once i get xfire I will make sure to add you. I think I got all the ranks done, probably helps that I am of Croatian decent (both parents being born there then moving here in America.) I'm still trying to figure out which unit had the greatest impact. As we speak I decided to work on the website.
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Indeed, I was commander of that unit for a little bit, as Knezevic, along with Bosnjak who is Schreiner in the 2.SS. Shame it disbanded as quickly as it did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Ya I planned to join but never had RO at the time.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Michevic
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Is there some reason if it comes to it, that axis units not playing at the time could play allied. (IE-An off rotation axis unit from AG south fights against AG North if they don't have enough folks).

To me this is a last ditch solution, but if it is that or no campaign at all in the future...
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I would hate for it to come to that, because I don't want a unit to do something they don't really want to do, but something like that may have to happen. I would also be interested in seeing (contacting) the Polish league to see if it would be in both of our interests to form together on a campaign.

The 101st Airborne closed up shop, so another Allied unit bites the dust. The 6th Rangers looks to be in good numbers and could be good for a future campaign, but they said they are not ready since they just got into DH and it looks like they are friends with the 29thID.

I really think 1 more good sized allied unit is all that is really needed to make this work.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 am

Currently I am nearly done with the site for my Yugoslav Partisan's units. I will finish the forums today and try my best to recruit. Hopefully I can grab 8 members quickly and then have the unit join the eastern front. It wont be easy but it should be fun. Even if I don't get 8 I still join as a support unit for those that need some Yugoslav power!
Back to top Go down
jdoe

jdoe

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 am

Metalbourne wrote:
The 6th Rangers looks to be in good numbers and could be good for a future campaign, but they said they are not ready since they just got into DH and it looks like they are friends with the 29thID.

I don't think you should make any assumptions on that friendship. The 6th RB is an individual unit, they make their own choices, I don't think you can put them in the same "annoying faction" with us. I hope they will join you as soon as they are ready!
Back to top Go down
http://www.29th.org
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:36 am

Klaus_Granheim wrote:
Is there some reason if it comes to it, that axis units not playing at the time could play allied. (IE-An off rotation axis unit from AG south fights against AG North if they don't have enough folks).

To me this is a last ditch solution, but if it is that or no campaign at all in the future...

If people can get over the fact that they can't play Axis, this could work, but I know alot of the Axis players have an attachment to their side.

It's sad it comes to this, but people have to tell themselves, this is to keep the campaign going, I can still have fun, and will be playing the game with friends of mine, and I will be having fun.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:13 am

Ahab wrote:
Currently I am nearly done with the site for my Yugoslav Partisan's units. I will finish the forums today and try my best to recruit. Hopefully I can grab 8 members quickly and then have the unit join the eastern front. It wont be easy but it should be fun. Even if I don't get 8 I still join as a support unit for those that need some Yugoslav power!

You will never get your country back, we like it in our hands cheers
Back to top Go down
{SHD}Kimball

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Ill see if TWB would like to join as allies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need new Allied Units...   Need new Allied Units... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need new Allied Units...
Page 1 of 1