Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fixing the 'playtime' issue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matvei Staroi

Matvei Staroi

Fixing the 'playtime' issue Empty
PostSubject: Fixing the 'playtime' issue   Fixing the 'playtime' issue I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:23 pm

I think changing to an Iron Crescendo style system of battle might fix this problem. At the moment, we have a lot of people that want their soldiers to get play time and 1-2 battles per two weekends isn't cutting it.

Basically we would have 4 battles per weekend: 2 Saturday, 2 Sunday.

One unit or AG from each side "hosts" the battle, like SHD would be main in one, 169th another, 1/GMB another and PzDF in the other (if the German AGs have good setups now, they could keep them and those multiple units would be the main soldiers in their designated battles).

Then we have reinforcements from adjacent army groups bolstering numbers for eachother if they're low on manpower. Everyone would get playtime (I think) and there should NEVER be an undermanned battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
[169]-Borodin

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the 'playtime' issue   Fixing the 'playtime' issue I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:23 am

We could also do best of 3 rounds of shorter duration instead of 1 round, but that is probably opening up a whole new can of worms.
Back to top Go down
|GD|Kessler
Unit Commander
|GD|Kessler

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the 'playtime' issue   Fixing the 'playtime' issue I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm

1 round isn't enough for the wait time between battles, if battles were more consistent it would be fine to leave as is

More consistent battles is what we need here, if it means changing the set up then so be it

Ex) If allies are attacking admins select a map and post it along with a battle date, 2 allied units sign up for it and 2 axis units sign up for it, if map is to be modded it is up to the attacking side to have map in operation by a certain time or map is played at default settings.

The key is for more regular battles and I would be up for changing to a different structure that would allow for this
Back to top Go down
http://www.GD-Div.com
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the 'playtime' issue   Fixing the 'playtime' issue I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 am

I always thought one battle at a time was enough.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the 'playtime' issue   Fixing the 'playtime' issue I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:18 pm

The whole Army Group design is meant to allow for every unit to have the ability to man a majority of their men into a server for a match. It is up to the different unit leaders within each AG to decide when one unit will be the main unit and when another will be the main unit.

The schedule right now is meant to allow units the chance to have sunday practices as well as particpate in a campaign as many units (mine being a prime example) has Euro and North American Players in it and weekday practices are therefore quite unrealistic to achieve with any good particpation. This free time will also allow your unit the oppertunity to play scrims against other units if the desire arrises. Finally the long time periods between allow the map modder time to get the maps prepared. This past turn was a mess because of Easter which I did not take into consideration until it was upon us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the 'playtime' issue   Fixing the 'playtime' issue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixing the 'playtime' issue
Page 1 of 1