Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Campaign Medals

Go down 
+4
Smith
[169]-Luchan
Gerhard Schmidt
Metalbourne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:38 pm

I was thinking of adding member medals on the new website that is almost done and was wondering if someone would be willing to create some medals. Unit Citations, Campaign Veterans, Veteran and Elite Units for Both the Allies and Axis. What do you guys think of this idea and is someone willing to make them.
Back to top Go down
https://theatreofconflict.forumotion.com
Gerhard Schmidt

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Would be cool. Good idea.
Back to top Go down
[169]-Luchan

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Look on Iron Crescendo for some medals that they used. I don't know the direct link for the medal page thou Neutral
Back to top Go down
Smith

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Yeah, it would be a nice idea, like the medals used in BFEWAW and F|H
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:04 pm

If nothing else needs doing then shure.
Back to top Go down
Michael Steiner

Michael Steiner

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:31 pm

I went looking over at IC for the Medals page. LOL couldnt remember where it was, but see that they are trying to put it back together. (Wish em Luck)

But after thinking about it, we really dont want to just copy another leagues medals, so we need our own.
Back to top Go down
[169]-Luchan

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Nah i didn't mean copying them directly but giving you an idea on what to include. They have most of the medals for both Axis and Allies IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Yes, I don't want to directly copy off of them and I don't really want to get too involved because it's up to the units themselves too hand out most medals, but I was thinking campain medals for 10 battles in a row makes you a "Campaign Veteran" and maybe 10 more makes you elite or something. I want to create a list for and have people vot e on them. The new site allows admins and commanders to issue medals to unit members and so on. On the Unit Bio page when a unit is in so many battles they also become Green, Experienced, Veterans, Battle Harden, Elite. Kind of a way for new units that enter the campaign to realise what they are going up against.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:12 pm

With the site i am also looking to give some neat stats for the aces of each unit... kind of a little competeition between AG's and units and individuals that will be fun to partake as well as cheer on from the sideline. Tell me what you think.

Tank Aces
Commander:
Driver:
Machinegunner:
Unit:
Army Group:
Tank Name:
Tank Used:
# Times Survived Match: (How many times/ How many matches in)
# Tanks/ Assault Guns Destroyed:
# Anti-Tank Guns Destroyed: (Will play a bigger role in TOC after December reenforcements arrive- get excited!)
# Light Vehicles Destroyed:

I.E.
(Commander) Rottenführer Karl Ritter
(Tank Driver) Panzerschütze Dieter Nussbaum
Heeresgruppe Nord
2nd SS 'Das Reich'
S23 "Anneliese"
Panzer IIIJ
(Survived) 2 / 3 Matches
3 - Tanks/ Assault Guns Destroyed
1 - Anti-Tank Guns Destroyed
0 - Light vehicles Destroyed

Marksmen
Name:
Unit:
Army Group:
Weapon w/ Equipment Atatched:
# Confirmed Kills

I.E.
Panzergrenadier Michael Steiner
Heeresgruppe Nord
2nd SS 'Das Reich'
K98 m. ZF39
53 Confirmed Kills
Survived 3/4 Matches

Tank Hunter/ PanzerJaeger (Hand-Held AT Weapon Ace)
Name:
Army Group:
Unit:
# Confirmed Armor Kills

I.E.
Oberfeldwebel Helmut Jaeger
Heeresgruppe Süd
87th Infantrie Division
7 Tanks Destroyed
Survived 2/4 Matches
Back to top Go down
[169]-Luchan

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:44 pm

I like where Werner is going with it. You can also add stats for each individual unit fighting in the campaign.

So like;

Unit Name:
Battles:
Enemies Killed:
Comrades Fallen:
W/L Ratio:

Etc. Im sure you already have something like that.
Back to top Go down
Gerhard Schmidt

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Are we doing this here? I'll just post a few I know. Some people probably haven't kept track very well though. Oh well.

Name: Gerhard Schmidt
Unit Name: 2.SS "Das Reich"
Battles: Berezina, Mannikala, Ogledow, Elnya
Enemies Killed: 6
Vehicles Destroyed: 2 BT-7 tanks
Times Killed: 1

Name: Michael Steiner
Enemies Killed: 10 (1 sniper)
Vehicles Destroyed: 0

Name: Joachim Porsche
Battles: Berezina, Mannikala, Ogledow
Enemies Killed: 3 (1 sniper)
Times Killed: 0
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:44 am

Name: Werner W. Jungmann
Unit Name: 2.SS Panzer Division 'Das Reich'
Enemies Killed: 1
Times Killed: 0

Name: Dante V. Vizante
Unit Name: 132^ Divisione Corazzata 'Ariete'
Battles: Sidi Barrani
Enemies Killed: 0
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 am

woah calm down there sports fans. I was thinking that (a) this would be a cool idea, and (b) unit leaders would send the admins of toc this information for their aces, not just everyone. That way units can have top members compete. I know we play for the teamwork in realism, but once in awhile individuals should be recognized... even the commies broke with the whole we're all special bullshit to recognize their top dogs.
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Yeah mind all of you, this doesnt stop your unit from recording battle information on soldiers for your own pleasure.

I'm a statistics guy myself. I took up the responsibility of keeping records for the 187th. I could tell you what members of the 187th have been shot in the ass. Thats how serious i am about it (well not that serious lol). We at the 187th have a very detailed point / record system that is extremely efficient and beneficial to any unit. It's purpose is to promote activity by giving members a little something more to look forward to. Our system is quite unique and im sure there is not alot of units or clans, in any game for that matter, that use a system like ours. It requires a little basic math but its easy to learn and use. You just have to have the active members to make the recordings and calculations.

If any of you are looking for ideas, send me a PM and i would gladly share this with you.

I used to keep this to myself and the clans i joined but im learning to share a little bit. TOC has grown on me and i would definetly share it with any participant. I guess it wouldnt be unique if i shared it with all the units of TOC but, regardless, you can change and customize the system to suit your unit/clan's standards or preference.

If you do decide to PM me, we would have to get together on ventrilo or something and i can take you into a private section of our 187th member forums and show you examples and illustrations to better understand the system.

This is for anyone, Werner and Bourne too, as im sure any of you could appreciate an idea like this.

You wont be dissappointed to hear it at least.
Back to top Go down
Metalbourne
Admin
Metalbourne

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:38 pm

I will be in contact with you because I would like to get something like this for each unit or even every player, but I would be happey for right now with unit results. Smile
Back to top Go down
razyl_daz

razyl_daz

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:06 pm

Well i must have messed up my words somewhere in there, this idea is more so for a unit's personal stats and keeping track of their own stuff.

On a much larger scale, yes it could definetly be done, especially with screenshots at the end of battles in TOC. Would be a good extra work load for TOC admins though.

Glad you are interested though Metalbourne. I think we should hook up sometime and discuss and then you can decide on it for yourself.

But yeah, what i was really getting at is: if there is a unit/clan in TOC that could use a system that could better record and reward points to members based on their activity and results from a match/battle then i have just what you need and you can make it your own.

Metalbourne i am in the steam group on friends list or PM when you want to get in touch. Take your time though, you are doing alot atm i know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campaign Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Medals   Campaign Medals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign Medals
Page 1 of 1