Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Panzerfausts

Go down 
+11
{SHD}Granat
LSchroll
Günter Severloh
Friedrich Werner
Redit
Werner Jungmann
Andrej Matkovic
HStrauss
bswearer
Klaus_Granheim
TChristie
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TChristie

TChristie

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 pm

Yes everyone who plays allies hates them with the utmost intensity and the axis will swear by them, But is the current panzerfaust soldat with 3 Panfausts really realistic? Ive never seen a photo or a video where a soldat is carrying more than one panzerfaust into action, I personally think this should be implemented into the game. Also to give the allied tankers a bit more chance in urban areas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Klaus_Granheim

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:51 pm

I am pretty sure in the book forgotten soldier they talked about AT soldiers carrying more than 1 (but not more than 2). I seem to remember 3 to a team of 2 or something. Someone who read it more recently or knows the tactics better might be able to shed more light.

I agree some form of limitation might be needed, but I've also seen people (and done it myself) carry more than I would be assigned based off the situation and need.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:02 pm

three would definitely be too many.....especially condisering just how deadly they are in RO compared to reality.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:14 pm

actually Panzerfaust were very deadly in reality.....

"The weapon was correctly fired from the crook of the arm and the shaped charge could penetrate up to 200 millimetres (7.9 in) of steel, enough to defeat any armoured fighting vehicle of the period throughout the war."

i do agree with no more then Two Faust per man, i have seen a picture which ill try to post, of a SS-Soldat in Ardenne carrying one Panzerfaust and had another tied with a scarf over his arm.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
TChristie

TChristie

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 am

I dont think one picture of a improvised means of carrying them is a big enough basis to allow 2 per man, If i were to use this 1 photo Panzerfausts Standard i could say thats a big enough basis to allow that ingame. Bearing in mind that a panzerfaust soldat ALWAYS has a main weapon, STG44/MP40/K98. So it make that soldier still capable to carry on the fight and be as deadly as a normal soldat. In comparison to the PTRD where the soldier must dedicate him self to ambushing medium-light tanks. well you can shoot infantry (which is really fun) but its extremely difficult and stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
Andrej Matkovic

Andrej Matkovic

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:08 am

Carrying 2 sounds fine, I know DH has it now where you can only carry 1. Also the PTRD is the greatest infantry killing weapon, I just wish it had more gore behind the shot (to bad its a waste of rounds that should.)
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:22 am

I say edit it to only allow two.

Either way, we are a ways off from using these things anyways.
Back to top Go down
Redit
Admin
Redit

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:18 am

Yup, 1943 won't come for awhile, so Germany probably won't be able to use them in Africa
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:54 pm

In Africa we get the Geballte Ladung. In Russia we are content with 10lb Satchel Charges.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:36 pm

"Bearing in mind that a panzerfaust soldat ALWAYS has a main weapon, STG44/MP40/K98. So it make that soldier still capable to carry on the fight and be as deadly as a normal soldat. In comparison to the PTRD where the soldier must dedicate him self to ambushing medium-light tanks"

so who's fault is that??
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:03 pm

I think the rule should be (and the one I put in the TOC's rules) is that any soldier can carry an anti tank weapon along with his main weapon. However that soldier may only carry 1 type of at weapon and (besides for satchels) only carry 1 of that type.

I.e.1. I spawn in as an AT Soldat in post 1943. I have 3 panzerfausts, so i drop my 3 panzerfausts and pick only one of them up. My friends can come over then and pick up 1 each as well.
I.e.2. I have 3 satchels and I find a box of panzerfausts. I can either continue to carry the satchels, or drop the satchels and pick up a panzerfaust.
I.e.3. I have a Panzershrek/ Bazooka and i see another type of AT weapon. I can either keep the shrek, or ditch it for a faust or up to 3 satchels.
i.e.4. Ptrds, although a main weapon, count as main weapon and an at weapon... realistically those things weigh a ton so you would be hard press to see a man with an AT rifle and fausts/ satchels strapped to his back.

As was said earlier... 1943 doesn't come for a long ass time. However if the germans want to, I feel it is fair that they can ask for an AT Soldat class to be created for them on a map that gives the Germans a soldier with a ptrd.
Back to top Go down
bswearer
Unit Commander

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Christie wrote:
I dont think one picture of a improvised means of carrying them is a big enough basis to allow 2 per man, If i were to use this 1 photo Panzerfausts Standard i could say thats a big enough basis to allow that ingame. Bearing in mind that a panzerfaust soldat ALWAYS has a main weapon, STG44/MP40/K98. So it make that soldier still capable to carry on the fight and be as deadly as a normal soldat. In comparison to the PTRD where the soldier must dedicate him self to ambushing medium-light tanks. well you can shoot infantry (which is really fun) but its extremely difficult and stupid.

somebody needs to create the panzerdonkey!
Back to top Go down
Günter Severloh
Army Group Commander
Günter Severloh

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Pic with a jaegar of 2
Panzerfausts Panzerjagerpt5
Back to top Go down
http://www.187th.net
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Hmm but i dont see a main weapon. What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Redit
Admin
Redit

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Well it doesn't look like the barrel on the right in that pic is a faust, it gets narrow and has the metal part that extends off the trigger towards the end of the barrel, looks like the underside of a Kar98 to me. I think one per man will be more realistic, unless people want to have a special unit without a main weapon or pistol, just fausts (protected by other infantry).
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Panzerfausts 2_Panzerfaust
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:37 pm

LSchroll wrote:
Panzerfausts 2_Panzerfaust

you can also clearly see the K98 on his back.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:12 am

so what do ya'll think about this... i say 1 at weapon and main weapon per german in 1943?

Last edited by Friedrich Werner on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Granheim

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:44 am

I would like to see an AT class able to carry two, and other light infantry able to carry one. Heavy weapons classes like machineguns, zero.
Back to top Go down
LSchroll

LSchroll

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:56 am

I'm comfortable with that.
Back to top Go down
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander
{SHD}Granat

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:56 am

Well actualy in this photo he isnt carrying it. Panzerfaust's are not in his hands or back so its not realy good photo. Well u know that russians sometimes were carrying 6 or more grenades... But u know, carrying 6 nades or 2 panzerfaust's should have an effect in movement speed. So if axis will get 2 panzerfaust's per soldier, i ask for 6 nades for the russian side.
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:49 am

How late into the war are you talking? i haven't seen any pics of Russian soldiers with Grenades at all except may this one.
Panzerfausts Grenade

not to mention my personal belief that Grenades sometimes ruin game-play in RO-DH and shouldn't be given to every soldier on both sides.
Back to top Go down
{1.SS}Behncke

{1.SS}Behncke

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Granat you have no concept of realism do you?
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Ok I think its time for a decision on this.... I will be starting a poll at the bottom of the forums in the 'poll section'

no 6 grenade idea though, there is enough grenades already and you can always use ammo dumps to get more.

Thanks,
Werner
Back to top Go down
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander
{SHD}Granat

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 am

I mean that its a big advantage for axis if they will held 2 or more panzerfausts. We all know how te fausts are deadly for a tank. So giving more than one panzerfaust will be just unfair, cause we cant make the unit with a lot of equipment slower. Can u imagine carrying 3 panzerfausts and a main weapon + ammo and nades ? It would be unpractical...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Panzerfausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panzerfausts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Ideas?-
Jump to: