Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Panzerfausts

Go down 
+11
{SHD}Granat
LSchroll
Günter Severloh
Friedrich Werner
Redit
Werner Jungmann
Andrej Matkovic
HStrauss
bswearer
Klaus_Granheim
TChristie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MSkerke

MSkerke

Panzerfausts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:53 am

{SHD}Granat wrote:
I mean that its a big advantage for axis if they will held 2 or more panzerfausts. We all know how te fausts are deadly for a tank. So giving more than one panzerfaust will be just unfair

I dont think its about being fair or not but about being realistic.
Back to top Go down
http://12sshj.clanservers.com
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander
{SHD}Granat

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Okay, but look at the realism of carrying bunch of panzerfaust's on field. In real each panzefaust was 80 cm long and 6 kg. The newest panzerfaust were even longer... So how can a man carry : 2 nades, main weapon - ammo to main weapon and 2 panzerfausts ? Where he would put those panzefausts ? In his pocket ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:41 pm

{SHD}Granat wrote:
Okay, but look at the realism of carrying bunch of panzerfaust's on field. In real each panzefaust was 80 cm long and 6 kg. The newest panzerfaust were even longer... So how can a man carry : 2 nades, main weapon - ammo to main weapon and 2 panzerfausts ? Where he would put those panzefausts ? In his pocket ? Very Happy

i do agree with this though, it would be VERY difficult, i have seen pics of Soldaten with 2 however they were in fixed positions. I think that the Class should be give 3 at start but MUST pass one of the Faust to 2 other teammates or something along those lines, since Panzerfaust were very common to see. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:35 pm

I personally think the PaK Soldat be given only one Panzerfaust. We have soon no concrete evidence that carrying more than one was a common occurance.
Back to top Go down
TChristie

TChristie

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:10 pm

In RO to my knowledge there is no way to limit the speed at which a player may run.
Passing on Panzerfausts fixes the problem of realistic weight distribution, and i have no problem of it in late 1944-1945, but before then a panzerfaust was a luxury.
Further to my arguement the panzerfaust in RO is the Panzerfaust 60, not in action untill september 1944.
You have only 2 Pictures, still no way near compared to the "hundreds" of pictures detailing only ONE panzerfaust per soldier i have on my side.
Also in those pictures you display, they are not in combat, 1 being in a ditch where he obviously will not have to move much during combat.

Also your argument about its not about fairness but its about historical realism, then i want axis tanks not able to fight during winter, half your troops to drop to the floor freezing during the attack in the winter months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:27 pm

i agree with most of what you say but..

"Also your argument about its not about fairness but its about historical realism, then i want axis tanks not able to fight during winter, half your troops to drop to the floor freezing during the attack in the winter months."

in that case, Russia should have hardly enough rifles for every man and little ammo right now, your tanks should be abandoned on the road and all of your men should surrender on spot.....it you want to be that realistic Razz
Back to top Go down
Pavel Volodnikov
Army Group Commander
Pavel Volodnikov

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:33 pm

HStrauss wrote:

in that case, Russia should have hardly enough rifles for every man and little ammo right now, your tanks should be abandoned on the road

That's how it already is
Back to top Go down
http://www.invasionx.com/193
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:42 pm

?? it is? our match wasn't that easy , actually i didnt see any abandoned tanks or surrendering russian's Razz
Back to top Go down
{SHD}Granat
Army Group Commander
{SHD}Granat

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:24 pm

The match wasnt easy because russian soldiers are the bravest ones ! Oh, and in 'realism' u should be all hungry...
Back to top Go down
HStrauss
Unit Commander
HStrauss

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:50 pm

hehe russian had no choice but to be brave Razz
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Werner
Admin
Friedrich Werner

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:55 pm

{SHD}Granat wrote:
Oh, and in 'realism' u should be all hungry...

Haha that is why I don't eat starting friday night until the match ends.

ok guys so the poll taken shows that we are split 50 50 on this issue. luckily we got plenty of time before this needs to be relooked at.
Back to top Go down
Werner Jungmann

Werner Jungmann

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:51 pm

I don't really like any of the choices. None of them seem very realistic. 30 pounds of satchels is alot of extra weight. As they are, the options seem rather biased.

Maybe a choice between One Satchel or One Panzerfaust? Plus main weapon naturally.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Kovas

Ivan Kovas

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Why not have it if the Axis are on the defense they can have more then 1 Panzerfaust which suggests that the soldiers are ready for an attack and have prepared for it by having these extra AT weapons at their ready. On the attack however keep it limited to 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panzerfausts   Panzerfausts - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panzerfausts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Ideas?-
Jump to: